Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not want Lukaku to go, but I feel he will.

In light of that, and if we consider Mr Moshiri (combined with the TV deal money) may make, say, 35m available for transfer, plus any money we generate through sales...

Wouldn't it be wise to get rid of Stones for an obscene amount (as we know replacing a centre back is much easier and he won't ever be used correctly by Martinez or kick out the silly parts of his game) ... add the 60m or so we'll get for Lukaku ... and hit the transfer market with close to 150m available for new players?

Could build a team around Barkley, Deulofeu, Mori, Coleman ... get a world class goalkeeper in for around 15m, same with a centre back for 15m, two quality strikers for 20m a pop and that's not even half the funds spent / taking into account funds generate and wages saved by selling / moving on the likes of Kone, Mirallas, McGeady, Gibson, Hibbert, Pienaar, Osman ...

We've loads of youngsters who've already been in around the first team... Robles, Browning, Galloway, Ledson... Dowell will be in there next year, Tarashaj too, possibly Henen. Those latter six will be much more valuable to us than the likes of Osman, Hibbert, Gibson, Kone, McGeady and co have been in years, so no worries about a 'small squad' appearing, that won't be the case at all. It's just taking deadwood out, and replacing it with young potential. Win-win situation on that count.

That's not even mentioning the likes of Baines, Oviedo, Besic, Barry, Niasse, Lennon, Jagielka, Holgate, Pennington, Garbutt who should be involved in the squad too.

The following squad, taking into account contracts ending, sales already agreed, likely departures and all of the money we should have as a result of all of those, would be very strong, and I genuinely don't see why it would be unrealistic either.

Goalkeepers:
[New top goaleeper], Robles

Defenders:
Baines, Oviedo, Jagielka, Mori, Holgate, Garbutt, Coleman [New top centre back], Browning, Galloway

Midfielders:
Besic, Barry, Lennon, Pennington, Ledson, Dowell, Barkley, Deulofeu, Tarashaj, Henen, McCarthy, [New top creative midfielder]

Strikers:
Niasse, [New expensive proven striker], [New expensive proven striker]

- I make that 27 players, and of course a good number of them are 'youngsters' and wouldn't be expected to be playing much, so it's hardly a huge squad full of experienced players. Even getting Carrick on a free would be good business in terms of keeping Barry fresh and adding an experienced head to a relatively young group of players.

We'd be going out and buying five new players; hardly introducing a completely new squad in one pre-season. We'd be filling that oh-so-important goalkeeping position, buying two proven goalscorers (as opposed to just having the one in Lukaku), adding extra creativity in midfield and also strengthening the defence and promoting youth.

I understand this will be dubbed a 'Football Manager' style of thinking, but it's likely Lukaku will go, Stones may go and we know for a fact loads of players are out of contract and haven't featured whatsoever in years and thus shouldn't be receiving extensions.

I don't mind Carrick as long as him and Barry never play at the same time. Martinez obviously likes having an experienced midfielder so if this is best way to keep Barry fresh then ok. However I will cry if he plays them in the same team!!!

I do not want Lukaku to go, but I feel he will.

In light of that, and if we consider Mr Moshiri (combined with the TV deal money) may make, say, 35m available for transfer, plus any money we generate through sales...

Wouldn't it be wise to get rid of Stones for an obscene amount (as we know replacing a centre back is much easier and he won't ever be used correctly by Martinez or kick out the silly parts of his game) ... add the 60m or so we'll get for Lukaku ... and hit the transfer market with close to 150m available for new players?

Could build a team around Barkley, Deulofeu, Mori, Coleman ... get a world class goalkeeper in for around 15m, same with a centre back for 15m, two quality strikers for 20m a pop and that's not even half the funds spent / taking into account funds generate and wages saved by selling / moving on the likes of Kone, Mirallas, McGeady, Gibson, Hibbert, Pienaar, Osman ...

We've loads of youngsters who've already been in around the first team... Robles, Browning, Galloway, Ledson... Dowell will be in there next year, Tarashaj too, possibly Henen. Those latter six will be much more valuable to us than the likes of Osman, Hibbert, Gibson, Kone, McGeady and co have been in years, so no worries about a 'small squad' appearing, that won't be the case at all. It's just taking deadwood out, and replacing it with young potential. Win-win situation on that count.

That's not even mentioning the likes of Baines, Oviedo, Besic, Barry, Niasse, Lennon, Jagielka, Holgate, Pennington, Garbutt who should be involved in the squad too.

The following squad, taking into account contracts ending, sales already agreed, likely departures and all of the money we should have as a result of all of those, would be very strong, and I genuinely don't see why it would be unrealistic either.

Goalkeepers:
[New top goaleeper], Robles

Defenders:
Baines, Oviedo, Jagielka, Mori, Holgate, Garbutt, Coleman [New top centre back], Browning, Galloway

Midfielders:
Besic, Barry, Lennon, Pennington, Ledson, Dowell, Barkley, Deulofeu, Tarashaj, Henen, McCarthy, [New top creative midfielder]

Strikers:
Niasse, [New expensive proven striker], [New expensive proven striker]

- I make that 27 players, and of course a good number of them are 'youngsters' and wouldn't be expected to be playing much, so it's hardly a huge squad full of experienced players. Even getting Carrick on a free would be good business in terms of keeping Barry fresh and adding an experienced head to a relatively young group of players.

We'd be going out and buying five new players; hardly introducing a completely new squad in one pre-season. We'd be filling that oh-so-important goalkeeping position, buying two proven goalscorers (as opposed to just having the one in Lukaku), adding extra creativity in midfield and also strengthening the defence and promoting youth.

I understand this will be dubbed a 'Football Manager' style of thinking, but it's likely Lukaku will go, Stones may go and we know for a fact loads of players are out of contract and haven't featured whatsoever in years and thus shouldn't be receiving extensions.
£35m before any sales would be incredibly disappointing.

Obviously these reports of £150m are daft, but considering this will be the one season we get the extra tv money (which accounts for > £35m extra on its own) without wages of current players spiralling up massively, plus investment from our new shareholder... £35m would be shambolic tbh.

i don't want carrick, his legs have almost definitely gone and i just think we should be aiming for a different type of target.

Try and get players in their prime, or younger not players that have done well but are going over the hill.

If he does then it doesn't matter who we sign. We'll be doomed!
Possibly true, but people need to start making peace with the fact that he'll still be in the job at the start of next season. How long he'll last after that I don't know, but simply can't see him being let go at the end of the season.

We should not be getting linked to the likes of Carrick now i would say,with us been able to supposedly shop for bigger/better targets,do the papers not have time to link us with better players lol,than still acting as though we have no money

Martinez will definitely have his job next year imo, just can't see him being sacked or him walking away - we aren't that type of club and we now, maybe, have the money to buy the type of players that could entice Lukaku to stay... that and all the experience the players will have gained from this year.

Think he will get a sizeable chuck to spend on the squad, excluding sales, and we might see 2-3 key signings and some higher end squad fillers to replace the deadwood which hopefully, will leave.

In my opinion without any key sales (Barkley, Stones, Lukaku) we need to look at;

A true left winger - To finally bring balance to our wings, although that being said we all know Martinez won't play two wingers anyway...
A younger DM - A high energy player to replace/improve upon Barry/Mccarthy in time as Besic isn't always fit...
A backup striker - Can't comment on Niasse yet , but we need someone to play second fiddle to Lu or partner him...
A right back - Coleman hasn't hit the dizzying heights of his first season under Martinez, and undoubtedly we need a backup right back anyway but someone who can cross a ball might suit our system better!
A goalkeeper - I believe in Joel, but we clearly need a backup in case anything happens to him/ potentially to improve upon him instantly if the right options are available.

If we were to get EL Via the cup I would go for:

Bony/Benteke £30 million
Yarmolenko/playmaker: £25 million
Schneiderlin: £25 million
Begovic: £10 million

Even losing Rom I would we would be stronger with those players coming in.

Problem with Bony/Benteke is they'll be on huge wages... I expect Bony is on about 150k and Benteke possibly near to that too. Seeing as our top earner is about 80k ...

Possibly true, but people need to start making peace with the fact that he'll still be in the job at the start of next season. How long he'll last after that I don't know, but simply can't see him being let go at the end of the season.
You might be right but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back