Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today we awake to reading Lukaku to Man Utd and Carrick to Everton.
Once again. Everton being their feeder club and then receiving their washed up, or not good enough, players.

NO MORE!

This is the new Everton.

Swap lukaku and Barkley for Rooney and carrick

Lol

Amazing how generally intelligent people believe what they read in a newspaper or on an online site and take it as gospel. The fume the Club/Manager/Players receive on the back of the diatribe of some slack-jawed, sweaty, overweight journalist with nothing better to do than make stuff up to fill column inches is laughable.

...actually we do. He's an exceptional player. Intercepts well and conducts play from deep to turn pressure into attack.

On a free transfer? There'll be a queue round the block for that signature.

Carrick? Why do we need him, david? To replace one of the best english midfielders EVER in Barry? (According to the manager himself, no less)

o_O

I see the Lennon, Cleverly and Mori are all crap, brigade are, some say they will stop supporting if he signs.
From what I have read there combined football knowledge can be written on a postage stamp.
If you want to reply, do not waste your time.
I am sick of reading the constant negativity and the general bile being excreted on this site, not just on this thread.
My son was right, do not use so called fans websites that full of football gamers.
It would be soul destroying for them if we do win the cup.
Oh and Carrick would be a great signing, mind you Barry was also on the crap register, how did that work out.
Fools!

Gentle suggestion mate. Put those posters that you don't like on ignore ?

Carrick would be ok as long as it's alongside some big names. I don't think he's a target to replace Barry but rather to compliment him and rotate with him. He's probably more a replacement for Gibson, who unfortunately has not shown himself a viable option for a midfield place this season.

We badly lack experience on the pitch at times. Neville used to provide this for us, in spite of all the hate there was towards him. Barry and his role he played with Costa was pivotal and you see how much we missed him last week against Arsenal. Having another player with such experience will only benefit us and help players like Barkley and Besic out.

Everytime I have seen Carrick this season he has been fantastic. Really shepherded a young United side. Does this sound familiar to our requirements?

There are enough legs, and attacking quality in the side elsewhere for at times both Barry and Carrick to play. We also have to bare in mind we have Ledson and Walsh who will be ready soon as well as Besic to come through. So giving us another 12 months will be ok.

It is not a glamorous signing but he would make a huge difference to us on the field and off the field alongside Barry. If we move on Gibson it's a definite yes.
Spot on.

Carrick would be ok as long as it's alongside some big names. I don't think he's a target to replace Barry but rather to compliment him and rotate with him. He's probably more a replacement for Gibson, who unfortunately has not shown himself a viable option for a midfield place this season.

We badly lack experience on the pitch at times. Neville used to provide this for us, in spite of all the hate there was towards him. Barry and his role he played with Costa was pivotal and you see how much we missed him last week against Arsenal. Having another player with such experience will only benefit us and help players like Barkley and Besic out.

Everytime I have seen Carrick this season he has been fantastic. Really shepherded a young United side. Does this sound familiar to our requirements?

There are enough legs, and attacking quality in the side elsewhere for at times both Barry and Carrick to play. We also have to bare in mind we have Ledson and Walsh who will be ready soon as well as Besic to come through. So giving us another 12 months will be ok.

It is not a glamorous signing but he would make a huge difference to us on the field and off the field alongside Barry. If we move on Gibson it's a definite yes.
I`m trying but failing to find a disagreement with any of that.
Excellent post mate.

Narsingh looks good, but not sure he'd be any more of an upgrade. Would have Wijnaldum though.

If we lose Lukaku, which is a probability - I'd love us to try and get Embolo. He is similar to Lukaku, but I don't think he has the finishing skills has, then again I rated Naismith and Mirallas to have the best finishing at Everton. Then one got sold the other got himself benched
Sounds too much like Naismith for me: I'm out.

Win the cup and he would be a very important player too as we saw last season how Barry struggled with the extra games. I'd not be against it but as you say would need to be alongside other signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back