• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

2022 World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allezfan

Player Valuation: 1p
The bids to host it are:

Australia
Japan
Qatar
South Korea
United States

Is it just me or is that a load of bollocks? It'd be nice to have at least one country that actually gives a [Poor language removed] about the game there.

Japan/S Korea surely have no chance so soon.

Qatar?????

USA maybe.....

........but Australia would be my preference there. Timmy could be managing them by then!

The bids to host it are:

Australia
Japan
Qatar
South Korea
United States

Is it just me or is that a load of bollocks? It'd be nice to have at least one country that actually gives a [Poor language removed] about the game there.

Ahem, there is.

I don't remember the last one being that fantastic, was it?
Well as a sporting spectacle it wasn't great but probably better than the last two. Don't think the host nation can influence much in the quality of the football. The organisation seemed to be excellent though. Timetables were awful for us in Europe. Australia would be worse in that respect

The bids to host it are:

Australia
Japan
Qatar
South Korea
United States

Japan and South Korea have had it too recently, it'd be what 20 years since they last had it when the next one comes around? Possibly the same argument with the US but definately more likely, could also be a good marketing move by FIFA.

Qatar, in the middle of their Summer? It'd be ridiculously hot for fans and players, I'd expect at least a couple of fans to die of heat stroke. It's also tiny, covering just 4,500 sq.km, is an absolute monarchy, and has a general disrespect of the Declaration of Human Right, but perhaps with a bit of oil money from the largest economy in the World (apparently) appearing in their bank accounts, FIFA would ignore it.

Australia, again could be an interesting one the Aussies are somewhat uninterested at the moment, but maybe a World Cup could change that?

I'd like to see it go to either the Australians or the Americans, but knowing FIFA I have a suspicion it will appear in Qatar.

Australia, again could be an interesting one the Aussies are somewhat uninterested at the moment, but maybe a World Cup could change that?

I guess. It's just there are so many countries who eat and drink football. Not just most of Europe but Africa and Latin America too (Didn't Honduras once go to war over a football match?). It seems a shame that they miss out and then we get two tournamtents in America/Australia in less than thirty years. I'm not saying the people there won't watch but they won't care in the way they would about baseball, rugby, basketball and cricket.

To me FIFA are wrong to not have a big football nation among the bids, no matter how professional it'll be. I'd rather they host the damn thing in Ghana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back