• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

2022 World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Europe and South America there are not many places it can go to.

2022 will be 28 years after the last time the USA hosted and 20 years after Korea and Japan.

That's not too bad.

Outside of Europe and South America there are not many places it can go to.

2022 will be 28 years after the last time the USA hosted and 20 years after Korea and Japan.

That's not too bad.

But why are we looking outside of Europe and South America.

I was glad to see Africa get one and I wouldn't argue if Mexico or Central America get it again.

And if Turkey, Israel, or Russia were given it then fine. But In thirty years and 8 world cups, only half will take place in Europe and South America.

Whereas only teams from Europe and South Africa have ever won the thing. Those two continents have the majority of teams, the best teams and players, and the majority of fans and should host the majoirty of tournaments too.

Its just not soccer. The majority see it as a game played by euro-whimps who keel over and die at the slightest touch, if you introduced decent body contact it might gain more interest.

Resists puns about 'Bruce' hitting the streets of Sydney looking for some young blood to make decent contact with.
Hopefully Aus gets the World Cup, can't be any worse than the nightmarish SA WC, and might help turn up a Cahill or two so long as the net is cast across Samoa.

There's no country on that list that has the facilities and can fill those facilities like the US. If it's anyone but the US, it would be a major shock.

There's no country on that list that has the facilities and can fill those facilities like the US. If it's anyone but the US, it would be a major shock.

If South Africa can do it, I am sure any of those countries can do it.

South Africa had great attendances, but were still 18k per game below 1994.

Also, the US had the second most tickets sold to the 2010 WC, second to South Africa...

The game is immensely popular here, it just doesn't seem so because the domestic league doesn't compare to other domestic leagues that are televised here.

And no country in the world has as many large-capacity football stadiums as the US does.

South Africa had great attendances, but were still 18k per game below 1994.

Also, the US had the second most tickets sold to the 2010 WC, second to South Africa...

The game is immensely popular here, it just doesn't seem so because the domestic league doesn't compare to other domestic leagues that are televised here.

And no country in the world has as many large-capacity football stadiums as the US does.

Do you think US should host it every time as it "has the best facilities"?

That's silly, they'd host it every year...

We're not discussing this in a vacuum, the candidates are listed and I don't think any compares to the US.

No, the USA shouldn't host it everytime.

That said, they SHOULD host it in 2022.

Attendance records for the World Cup were set in the USA (mind you with 24 teams, not 32, hence fewer matches) that still stand today.

I GUARANTEE you that if the USA host it again, EVERY MATCH would be a sell out. Yeah, even the Algeria vs. Slovenia matches. No giving away tickets here.

No, the USA shouldn't host it everytime.

That said, they SHOULD host it in 2022.

Attendance records for the World Cup were set in the USA (mind you with 24 teams, not 32, hence fewer matches) that still stand today.

I GUARANTEE you that if the USA host it again, EVERY MATCH would be a sell out. Yeah, even the Algeria vs. Slovenia matches. No giving away tickets here.

So?

More people visit Stamford Bridge than Goodison Park. I'd rather have 30,000 fans than 40,000 tourists.

So?

More people visit Stamford Bridge than Goodison Park. I'd rather have 30,000 fans than 40,000 tourists.

Not following your logic here.

Are you implying that those in attendance in 1994 were just casual supporters or worse, tourists?

Yeah, we'll have some supporters from other countries here (should have seen the Cotton Bowl in '94 for the Brazil vs. Holland quarterfinal....entire stadium had green and yellow with several big sections of orange and white....very cool to see....great game too) but there are a lot of supporters here in the USA. MLS, EPL, La Liga, etc....

If the World Cup were to be held here again, the attendance records would be broken once again (lots of newer stadiums since '94 which hold more people too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back