2023/2024 Kits Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish my whole marketing strategy for all my clients in the day job could just be "we've got a video".

There's definitely less coverage of the away kit this year - if people like me who run a fan site are caught unaware, then a lot who aren't dedicated to Everton but would usually carry coverage will be and if you're late, it's not news anymore, it's just an ad. We're small fish, but becoming aware of the release at 10 past 9, even I haven't bothered to update the site or social media with it.

Probably right Phil - did consider that which is why I said even just a day or so notice.

I'm of the view that clubs should treat kit unveilings as exciting - tell fans when it's going to be unveiled, create an event for the unveiling etc.
This is clearly your field, I know very little about marketing.

/Sigh.

It's not hard mate - my point is the club and/or merch partners should tell people (fans and all media) when the kit will be released. Even if just a day or two.

It would get more attention, and undoubtedly more coverage.

I know when Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd's etc kit is going to be unveiled, why not Evertons? This isn't revolutionary of anything different - it was always a thing. Kitbag, Fanatics or whoever would email/instruct when it was going to be released. The club would tease the release etc.
This.

Missus texted me while I was on the school run this morning to say the kit is nice. Wasn't even aware it was coming out today.

Give notice for the release, maybe even sell a limited number at a discount or whatever, so you can plaster a big "SOLD OUT" post on socials (relating only to that first run) and make people feel like they're missing out by not ordering. It won't sell them thousands more kits, but as a % of total sales I reckon it's be worth their while.

This is clearly your field, I know very little about marketing.

I'm no expert and there's people at the club and their agencies who'll know a lot more than me but I think it's really basic stuff mate.

You have a product to sell, tell people when it's coming.

It's not as though there's an abundance of news or anything for fans to get excited about at the moment either.

Sick of moaning about everything Everton for years, and it feels nit-picking but it's indicative of what I think to have been a sharp decline in the clubs communication the past few years.

It feels hard work to know what's happening at Everton these days.

I'm no expert and there's people at the club and their agencies who'll know a lot more than me but I think it's really basic stuff mate.

You have a product to sell, tell people when it's coming.

It's not as though there's an abundance of news or anything for fans to get excited about at the moment either.

Sick of moaning about everything Everton for years, and it feels nit-picking but it's indicative of what I think to have been a sharp decline in the clubs communication the past few years.

It feels hard work to know what's happening at Everton these days.

Wasn’t the date of the home kit announced beforehand? Can’t remember

I don't hate the kit design in itself.

It would be nice if it were more salmon and less red.

Our sponsor logo is so garish that it's going to clash with all but the most subtle of designs.

It is a no from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back