2024/25 Relegation Thread

Bournemouth have been the better team from what I’ve seen so far. Looks like a justified score line at present and they’ve hit the woodwork. Most of the game played in the Newcastle half

They don't seem to like playing at Goodison much but if you look at their form since the 3-0 last season it's comfortable top half.

They will be a major problem on the counter against the backline that is likely to put out so I can't see a clean sheet this year and it will be a draw at the best unless they gift away a few goals playing out from the back.

Reduced to watching Bournemouth to see what threat they will pose us next week. Third game of a season .....
They generally have the beating of us in recent years (always at their place). I would be expecting three league defeats on the bounce next week.

With that Gordon just scores against them.

There is a big difference between the starts of last year and this. We were at least competitive and creating chances. Remember dyche and the XG after every game. He's not singing that tune now.
Remember the 4 nil tonking at vila at the start of the season. Who was at the back? Michael keane. Two tonkings in the first two games this season. Who's at the back? Yep. Why has the club spent nearly 20m on a centre half and we're still playing a player who almost guarentees goals flying in at an alarming rate when he starts.

I wasnt to worried at the start of last season as the players at least looked up for it. Dyches comments yest that he smelt the players didnt fancy it is a huge alarm bell going off. Its the 2nd game of the season and they look half arsed.
Im seeing very little comparison in attitude to the start of this and last season. The nature of the losses are very very different.
I agree the two performances have been poor but last season we lost to Fulham, Wolves and Luton at home in the first 7 and Pickford saved us from losing to Sheffield United as well. We’ve lost to 2 good teams so far, if we lose the 2 games this week as well, I’ll start to get more concerned.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back