Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Banned for Financial Irregularities

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Who cares....

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need something special in midfield. We need a stronger defence. Assuming that, and some reasonable good fortune with VAR and injuries - 11th.

Without any of that - 16th.

As it stands were 1 injury away from Rondon as our first choice striker, if that remains the same were finishing bottom 5 again - but if we can get 3/4 good signings in, in the correct positions we can be in the top 10, maybe even a contender for conference league if we hit the ground running.

I didnt see a relegation battle under FSW last season, never had much hope under him in all fairness but with an already weaker 1st team and smaller squad generally, this one will probably as bad !

Come on!!
Stop crying it in!

We will get at least 10 wins at home and improve our away record with loads of draws.

Comfortably mid table.

Good Times.

At this moment we are much the same team as last year, probably a bit weaker. The improvement in defence has been offset by the weakening of the forward line. I don’t see how the present squad can be expected to do much better than last year. We are all about transfers, a couple of sensible buys in the right positions and we are a rock solid mid table team. Our issue is, as it normally is, do we buy the right players?

At this moment we are much the same team as last year, probably a bit weaker. The improvement in defence has been offset by the weakening of the forward line.

Almost certainly we are weaker. Even with Tarkowski.

It is whether you believe that last season, in comparison to the capabilities of the teams around us, we were
  • Lucky to stay up
  • Unlucky to be where we were
  • Finished in about the right position based on the squads capabilities

We could really do with 2 upgrades in CM and a good backup striker - one that can get 7-10 goals.

Bring in 3 players like that and some luck with injuries and I don't see why we can't be in contention for a top half finish.

As it stands, we are in a vulnerable position if we don't bring in some improvements to this squad and are in for another struggle. If fit most of the season, I think Tarkowski will make a huge difference to our defence.

I would be ecstatic with the following.

Win the FA cup.

Finish comfortably in mid table.

Beat the RS at Goodison and Analfield.

After last season I'd be content with

- Finish at least 10 points safe of the relegation zone

- Strong home form at Goodison

- Get to at least the last 8 in one of the domestic cup competitions

- Develop one or two of the younger players into full first teamers

If we manage that then it's a decent season IMO, especially with our current squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back