27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike yourself, I have seen our team reach peaks and win many trophies. John Moores gave us the title of Mersey Millionaires and was ruthless if a manager underperformed. Moshiri has been no different except that the managers, even with reputations like Koeman and Ancelloti didn’t do it. If you were Moshiri what would you have done differently ?….
let football people make football decisions and not treat our club like a game of champ man with a cheat code .

You've owned business Pete, I think you can ask a shareholder to hold the management to account.

Indeed, but Moshiri is not a football expert, he’s an accountant. The board, with DBB, do not have the killer instinct nor the football background ( apart from the DoF). Blame the board by all means, but blaming the man who has poured millions into the club and who is building a new ground is just stupid…..

Unlike yourself, I have seen our team reach peaks and win many trophies. John Moores gave us the title of Mersey Millionaires and was ruthless if a manager underperformed. Moshiri has been no different except that the managers, even with reputations like Koeman and Ancelloti didn’t do it. If you were Moshiri what would you have done differently ?….
I would not have hired any of the managers he hired except Ancelotti. I would have removed everyone from the previous regime from the board.

I certainly don't have all the answers because I'm not in the football industry. But I certainly wouldn't have appointed Benitez or Allardyce. I also would have made sure from day 1 that only 1 person was the final decision maker on recruitment. Now that could be a DOF or manager, but only 1 of them and not both. If there is no clear scope to a job there is no accountability and where there is a lack of accountability there is rarely success.

People of my age, I.e. children of the 90s are pretty desperate to have some sort of hope. Its a pretty depressing existence following Everton in this period. Those who saw us win everything always have that to fall back but we have precious little. I think its fair that we hope and expect for better than the current football on offer.

The bigger concern is where the next generation of Everton supporters are coming from. I know lads who support us and their kids are just picking united or City. And can you blame them!!

let football people make football decisions and not treat our club like a game of champ man with a cheat code .

What exactly do you mean. We have had internationally renowned managers who then managed Belgium, Barcelona and Real Madrid in charge of our teams, money was spent and no improvement seen. So who was at fault, the manager or the man who signed the cheques they wanted him to write….

Dumped Kenwright, Woods and DBB on Day One and appointed a serious BoD !!!

I would not have hired any of the managers he hired except Ancelotti. I would have removed everyone from the previous regime from the board.

I certainly don't have all the answers because I'm not in the football industry. But I certainly wouldn't have appointed Benitez or Allardyce. I also would have made sure from day 1 that person was the final decision maker on recruitment. Now that could be a DOF or manager, but only 1 of them and not both. If there is no clear scope to a job there is no accountability and where there is a lack of accountability there is rarely success.

People of my age, I.e. children of the 90s are pretty desperate to have some sort of hope. Its a pretty depressing existence following Everton in this period. Those who saw us win everything always have that to fall back but we have precious little. I think its fair that we hope and expect for better than the current football on offer.

The bigger concern is where the next generation of Everton supporters are coming from. I know lads who support us and their kids are just picking united or City. And can you blame them!!

I agree with a lot you say and like you I’m not happy with the team winning sod all. I too would have cleared out the entire jobs for the boys brigade and changed the board, but the one person I would not have a go at is the man who pumped in untold millions of his own money….

You've cracked a bit of the code there mate. I'm 40, 41 soon, and although I can remember the eighties it certainly wasn't mine or anything like that.

There seems to be a real divide in the demographics. Those who've seen success in the past generally think protest is futile, those who have not can see the existential battle this club is in.

And it is an existential battle. I'm fifth generation Evetonian, at least. My sixteen year lad is nominally a blue, but Everton have actually sucked all the joy out of football for him. In reality, he supports nobody and is more interested in basketball and the NBA.

Not many of his mates interested in football either, and the ones that are are RS. Not sure if the older set of fans, the ones who think this is just part of a cycle are aware of how much the future of the club is in question right now. As someone who's pro protest I genuinely see the urgency in doing something now, right now. If we don't, there may well not be a club tomorrow.

You've cracked a bit of the code there mate. I'm 40, 41 soon, and although I can remember the eighties it certainly wasn't mine or anything like that.

There seems to be a real divide in the demographics. Those who've seen success in the past generally think protest is futile, those who have not can see the existential battle this club is in.

And it is an existential battle. I'm fifth generation Evetonian, at least. My sixteen year lad is nominally a blue, but Everton have actually sucked all the joy out of football for him. In reality, he supports nobody and is more interested in basketball and the NBA.

Not many of his mates interested in football either, and the ones that are are RS. Not sure if the older set of fans, the ones who think this is just part of a cycle are aware of how much the future of the club is in question right now. As someone who's pro protest I genuinely see the urgency in doing something now, right now. If we don't, there may well not be a club tomorrow.

You mention ‘urgency’ but this has been going on for 27 and more years.…..

I agree with a lot you say and like you I’m not happy with the team winning sod all. I too would have cleared out the entire jobs for the boys brigade and changed the board, but the one person I would not have a go at is the man who pumped in untold millions of his own money….
Hes the man who had the option to make these changes so that's why I'm disappointed.

I dont know the extent to which hes been involved in football decisions but when he talks about the game, it really does sound like he doesnt know much.

You mention ‘urgency’ but this has been going on for 27 and more years.…..
I think that's why we feel the urgency. Its long overdue and people are finally realising it.

This is about maintaining the clubs standing for the next generation. We are losing out on the next generation of Evertonians. I see it happening already.

Those who have seen success need to support those of us who have seen nothing close to success, rather than telling us to pipe down! Its easier to be content when you seen titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.