Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a record that means too much. All about points totals and league positions for me. We won't be beating any recently set records on that score, let me assure you.

Without Lukakus goals we are bang average, and I think we all know it. He's inherited that player and when he goes I don't fancy him to spend the money wisely on a forward given the £37m he's wasted on Bolasie and Lookman.

Stop it Dave.

Lookman is a kid, who's been bought for his potential.

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far, considering he's a kid who's moved cities and is still settling in.

Not a record that means too much. All about points totals and league positions for me. We won't be beating any recently set records on that score, let me assure you.

Without Lukakus goals we are bang average, and I think we all know it. He's inherited that player and when he goes I don't fancy him to spend the money wisely on a forward given the £37m he's wasted on Bolasie and Lookman.
Maybe if you went to the match regular your view would be different, as I can't remember enjoying home games as much as this season for years. There's a buzz about the place again that hasn't been there for years.

We had Lukaku last season btw and we were abolsutely gash.

A post-Lukaku era will tax any Everton manager. If that happens we can forget about progress IMO. He'll be back to playing a Pelle type as he did at both Feyenoord and Southampton. That'll test everyone's patience I can tell you.

The best managers don't have a specific system. They work with the players that they have available/are able to recruit. Koeman had Pelle at Feyenoord and bought him to Saints as a known quantity which was undervalued. He was a very successful signing. Absolutely no reason to believe that he will try to sign the same sort of striker unless you are driving an agenda, the lad from Sociedad that we are linked with looks far from being a target man (scored a lovely goal against Barca tonight BTW)

Stop it Dave.

Lookman is a kid, who's been bought for his potential.

He hasn't put a foot wrong so far, considering he's a kid who's moved cities and is still settling in.
We'll see. It's hard to tell on this evidence. The point I was making was that the combined total of £37m is the type of cash (minimum) that'll have to be spent out in the summer to secure a good replacement for Lukaku. His judgement spending big money is frightening for me. He bought Bolasie and could easily have spent more money than that on Sissoko.

Maybe if you went to the match regular your view would be different, as I can't remember enjoying home games as much as this season for years. There's a buzz about the place again that hasn't been there for years.

Since 2013/14 you mean?

Yep, and the season before and also gash. We won the league in 87/88 after losing lineker. No reason we can't get better after losing Lukaku. He's a good goal scorer but is not perfect and is replaceable. If we buy 3 good players with the money I actually think we'll be a better team.

@davek

Lookman played a few games for Charlton and the next thing is we've signed him for 10mil and he's moving to an area of the country that he's probably only ever been to on a day trip, if at all.

You expect him to not only settle in, but to be straight into the first team and bang on form from the word go

He hasn't done a thing wrong since he's been here and from what I've seen he's a great prospect.

As for Sissoko, Spurs who are currently second in the table, saw the same things in him too .

* we got lucky at their expense.[/QUOTE]

We've already scored more goals at home than in that season and we've only lost 1 game, so no not really.
Ok mate, have it your way if it makes you feel better. But the thread is about whether this is the high point of this season and whether it can be maintained or whether it slips back to 7th.

Ok mate, have it your way if it makes you feel better. But the thread is about whether this is the high point of this season and whether it can be maintained or whether it slips back to 7th.
Which is why you were chatting bubbles about hoofball at Feyenoord eh....

Whether we finish 5th or 7th, we've made massive progress this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back