6 + 2 Point Deductions

So what is your point? Accept defeat, roll over and surrender? Might as well go out guns blazing surely? Come on you blues!
No, accept it though. Don't just blithely say we'll be ok...because we won't.

This is the most competitive league there is. Those teams around us have been handed a rocket booster to get out of the relegation zone now.

I'm 'kin fuming about that corrupt decision. The biggest mugging in PL history.

But we need to be clear here: there's no real way out of this for us under our own steam. We have to hope against hope that all those around us remain terrible.

Don't get seduced by the pacification of others that "you'll easy get out of this anyway". We won't. We'll be extremely fortunate to get out of this. That is why today's kangaroo court judgement was so criminal.

That decision today opened the coffin lid and it won't take too much for us to be pushed into it and nailed in.

Dave. With all your tripe tonight please explain how Burnley, Luton or Sheff Utd match our point total over the next 26 games?

The away form is good.
Goodison now becomes a cauldron sides are going to hate visiting.

We’ll be fine, even with the maximum penalty. The fans will back the players.

But make no mistake we’re here because of Moshiri and that fraud doesn’t get away from this Scott free.

Sorry Dave, but you need to give it a rest. We were unlucky to lose to Fulham, and wolves, should have had 3 points vs Brighton. Claiming we were relegation candidates (when by your own reasoning we were robbed vs Fulham etc which I could cault but I won’t) is just a lie.

Also, you keep banging on we need to win 48 points, which means we need 38 to stay up.

Yet by your own admission just a few weeks ago:

Yet you now think that at least 2 of them get to 37 points?
That 32/33 points could well be enough for them now...and 37 points might be if they seize the chance handed to them by the PL.

This is the most competitive league there is. Those teams around us have been handed a rocket booster to get out of the relegation zone now.
Have they? They have no additional points than they did before. They have nothing more than before. Just one more club in the mix. I think you are the most glass half empty person I’ve encountered, and my nickname at work was the Dementor!

None of the teams around us look likely to unless they have a change in manager and all 3 managers are popular within their respective clubs to be considered up for the chop

We’re on a run of 6 wins in 9 in all competitions so it’s not out the realms that we can continue the run and continue picking up the points, especially with a backs to the wall mentality, now’s not the time to throw in the towel and give up, we all need a unified fight
Indeed. And I fully expect that to come and hand one a big boost.

Dave. With all your tripe tonight please explain how Burnley, Luton or Sheff Utd match our point total over the next 26 games?

On current form they don't. But we're 12 games in and even Luton have shown in the last 3 games they have the ability to defend and fight.

They beat us at GP.

I doubt burnley will suddendly turn into Barcelona because of this.
Luton are the ones i am wary of. They have a bit of fight in them.

I have never been more up for a season after this news for years.Every game will be a must watch..... not waiting for MOTD. Like a FFIN phoenix this shizz
I hope the banners the lads are doing are shown all around the world.

If they think the scenes made by the fans where we carried the team to safety were something they've seen nothing yet.
Players gonna need some fire in their bellies now , the crowd won't tolerate anything less.

Hope it brings the whole corrupt house crashing down.

That doesn't mean you don't aim for 40. As I said, you ALWAYS plan/aim for worst case. Because then if you fall short/or it doesn't hit worst case, you're still alright.

You can be damn sure Dyche will be looking at 40 points.
OK mate . Let's aim for 78 if we are going to be properly ambitious.
Aiming doesn't matter. We need more points then 3 more teams ideally.
In the last 10 seasons the number of times 40 was required was zero .
I hope we get 50 more
For me 30 more keeps us up. Probably less

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back