6 + 2 Point Deductions

Basically if we win we get all 10 back because they have accepted the mitigation an we arnt in breech so no deduction

This is the way it should be. Especially if we are arguing over the war and lost commercial deals. Couldn’t be more straight forward than that.

I have no doubt that donkey at the top would still be running us like a circus even with the money but we still lost potential millions.

They do seem to be taking their time. What could be the hold up?

Any news from the fa when this is likely to be announced? Its not like the end of season is fast approaching.

Not possible.

If Everton were to lose their appeal, is there anything else they could do to have it overturned?​

The decision of the appeal's board is final - except in unusual circumstances, such as serious errors being made by the commission.

For example, if they got the maths significantly wrong. The difficulty Everton have got with an appeal is that they have already admitted they are guilty.

In appealing, what they want is to reduce the punishment rather than establish their innocence.

Everton would not be able to take the case any further, to the law courts or the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
It’s not possible on the points specifically. That’s the end of the PL process.

Everton can 100% take it to judicial review or sue the PL via a number of courts

Not possible.

If Everton were to lose their appeal, is there anything else they could do to have it overturned?​

The decision of the appeal's board is final - except in unusual circumstances, such as serious errors being made by the commission.

For example, if they got the maths significantly wrong. The difficulty Everton have got with an appeal is that they have already admitted they are guilty.

In appealing, what they want is to reduce the punishment rather than establish their innocence.

Everton would not be able to take the case any further, to the law courts or the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Everton never admitted they were guilty...they admitted having breached psr rules but with mitigation circumstances some of which were due to the PL changing their rules half way through the process. Unless I missed something...

Not possible.

Who wrote this? because it's incorrect. It's actually very possible for us to do that..

In a court of law, civil court or arbitration Everton walk out without a care in the world. Theres more than enough mitigating factors to render the whole thing useless

Also if Everton were to take this to judicial review they’d win on the basis there’s no clear sanctions policy. The PL would be laughed away.

The only place this has teeth is in the kangaroo court of thr PL so Everton have to be as bold as City and say we will sue you. And in doing so we’ll make you disclose every bit of evidence we want.
We don't have the money to go through lengthy legal battles at the moment, it would cost a fortune.

I’m in no way ITK but you don’t hire the best barrister in the land if you’re not thinking of going majorly legal with them. A big part of our appeal would have been him in the room, not so subtly pointing out what Everton may do next.
This was my thought as well. If we're pretty sure that the appeal board was always going to be something close to a kangaroo court, then it wouldn't make a ton of sense to go so all-out with the representation - unless, that is, we do intend to go to a real court if it doesn't turn in our favor.

We don't have the money to go through lengthy legal battles at the moment, it would cost a fortune.
Then again, this is also true, so who knows.

Would love if this is true if we can get 10 back just be shocked if they did that . Just to go thst hard on us at first then to give it all back, whole process is a mess just cant see them even thinking that far will br over confident they can fit the the 2nd charges in

We won't get the 10 back. We're still the club to made an example of. But they'll see they've been harsh and reduce it IMO

I just think they'll want to put some fires out

I don’t see us getting anything back and it defo won’t be announced today as if we do manage to get points back then that could be a sporting advantage to us going into the palace game knowing we have just got loads of points back? I don’t feel like that’s realistic.

If anything it will be tomorrow after tonight’s game.

If we have a positive outcome do not forget blues, do not forget who tried to pray on the worst fears of their own fans and the devastation of the local community, the pain it would cause and the loss of income to many in Liverpool.

Get the rails ready and run these folk out.
That’s right guys, the transfer virgins and those who shadow banned @the sniderman on GOT must be CRUSHED when Everton get two points back.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back