6 + 2 Point Deductions

Righto. So what you're basically saying is, you're 'happy' for Everton to take a 10 point penalty, and you think it's deserved, but you won't be happy if Man City aren't treated accordingly.

And you're wondering why some people are calling you a kopite? lol
Now what are you on about?
If you care to read back you will see that my stance has always been that this is just a game being played.
Hit us with 10pts, reduce on appeal.... nowhere have I said the 10pt penalty was deserved. All I have said is I am not getting angry at the PL for this. It is Moshiri who has caused this with his reckless spending. We've spent some 750M since he came to the club... seems everyone was happy for him to do that with scant regard for the consequences.

It seems that some can't handle that argument or counter it.... so instead they resort to the usual RS b/s.

Nope you'd just have Man United or the rs winning the league every year.
RS were in the doo-doo quite recently as they spent big and the team didn't gell. Just like Chelsea. MUFC are now experiencing it. Fact is, most of the wealthy teams have expanded commercially and that allows them to generate and spend more revenue. A lot depends on recruitment and get it wrong, as we did, and it can go pear shaped quickly.

I see the Premier League are increasing the rat prize money for those at the top of the tree and the reason being inflation.

Correct me if aim wrong I don’t believe that was taken into account as mitigating factors while we were were paying for the stadium?

Yeah couldn't do the link, it's going from 1.6 to 1.8 for the big clubs, the greedy just get greedier it seems.

RS were in the doo-doo quite recently as they spent big and the team didn't gell. Just like Chelsea. MUFC are now experiencing it. Fact is, most of the wealthy teams have expanded commercially and that allows them to generate and spend more revenue. A lot depends on recruitment and get it wrong, as we did, and it can go pear shaped quickly.
What about their massive debt? Do and can they just carry on regardless?

If you care to read back you will see that my stance has always been that this is just a game being played.
Hit us with 10pts, reduce on appeal.... nowhere have I said the 10pt penalty was deserved. All I have said is I am not getting angry at the PL for this. It is Moshiri who has caused this with his reckless spending. We've spent some 750M since he came to the club... seems everyone was happy for him to do that with scant regard for the consequences.

It seems that some can't handle that argument or counter it.... so instead they resort to the usual RS b/s.
Be interesting to see what happens to City. Do you think they might strip them of their titles?

I think one of two things will happen if they are found guilty.

1. Get stripped of their league titles and ‘No Champion’ declared

2. A massive asterisk placed next to each title win, similar to 19/20.

I can’t see them awarding the titles to whoever finished second in those years. Which is a shame.

I’d award the European Cup they won to Liverpool though as they got robbed by VAR the other week and it would be a fitting tribute to virgil after he died trying to injure Pickford

The alternative is a cap on spending (transfers and wage cap) that isn't related to revenue/profits (everyone starts with a pre-agreed amount at the start of a season). None of those clubs who bring in the most revenue through their larger fanbase will ever agree to that - they want things to go back to when they could outspend everyone else, not a situation where anyone can come in and compete.

If the league is worried about clubs being left in huge amounts of debt from rich owners then they could bring in laws that any spending beyond an agreed amount must be put directly on their owners and not against the club itself, make it such that providing loans to the club that must be paid back cannot happen outside of infrastructure and money must be put into an independent pot in advance (covering multiple years) to cover the overspend in wages for players contracts so they can't just walk away and leave a club without any way of paying those players on big money contracts.

There's plenty of options, but the league don't want to implement anything that would go against the wishes of the richest clubs.
OK... so let's introduce a cap on transfer spending. You can't do it on wages as it would be unlawful. So essentially wages would go up significantly to entice players.

I agree that certain clubs aren't going to agree.

But I've not seen anybody defending the club, or Moshiri either.

I certainly haven't.

If I've misrepresented your view point, then apologies, but all I've seen is you being contrarian, and telling Everton fans we shouldn't be furious with the Premier League/Commission, when we absolutely should be,

I don't care if it gets reduced to a suspended sentence now. I will still be furious. We're in the middle of a £700 million pound stadium build, and we could without this uncertainty from a wholly unjust and disproportionate ruling.

Anybody who tells me not to be furious can jog on.

IMG_3113.webp

It’s a big laugh for the media

Be interesting to see what happens to City. Do you think they might strip them of their titles?

I think one of two things will happen if they are found guilty.

1. Get stripped of their league titles and ‘No Champion’ declared

2. A massive asterisk placed next to each title win, similar to in 19/20.

I can’t see them awarding the titles to whoever finished second in those years. Which is a shame.

I’d award the European Cup they won to Liverpool though as they got robbed by VAR the other week and it would be a fitting tribute to virgil after he died trying to injure Pickford
Finally you are going to have something of a discussion.

1. No, I don't see that titles / cups are going to be taken away. Regardless of the finances, the players worked for them and they earned them.
2. Can't see that happening either.

I can see relegation happening, partic. to City given the stance they have taken. European Cup isn't going to be awarded to anyone retrospectively and it shouldn't be.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back