6 + 2 Point Deductions

Knowing this deduction was coming, as much of a disgrace the whole farce is.
2pts is better than I ever though we'd get!! We are now opening the door for that deduction to be raised whilst spending millions doing it. 🤔

The push by Masters for 17 points is looking now as vindictive. The biggest points deductions in the history of english football are derby, leeds, luton, bournemouth and rotherham. Leeds were 15 points. Rotherham and bournemouth 17. All of those clubs were in administration. How the hell have they pushed for the same level of punishment, with possibly more to come.
You do start to wonder if its a bit personal. I was going to say guinea pig but given forest have been deducted half the points total, i'm going back to personal.

So much for these rules coming in place to protect clubs anyway. They could be the final nail in the coffin for us.

We are clearly struggling financially yet they want to continue to kick us whilst down.

For us to avoid further punishment we will have to sell off our top assets this summer. So either the deductions will get us at some point or the team will continually get weaker window after window and that will eventually get us. There is no chance they treat one of their money clubs in this manner.

The push by Masters for 17 points is looking now as vindictive. The biggest points deductions in the history of english football are derby, leeds, luton, bournemouth and rotherham. Leeds were 15 points. Rotherham and bournemouth 17. All of those clubs were in administration. How the hell have they pushed for the same level of punishment, with possibly more to come.
You do start to wonder if its a bit personal. I was going to say guinea pig but given forest have been deducted half the points total, i'm going back to personal.

Think it’s a “people in jobs” who won’t have the critical or reasoning to be in those roles. Opened a can of worms and doubled down on it.

I’m sure I’ve read Masters was the third choice for his role?

What’s business!. Corner shop, Chinese chippy, Nando’s or a football club. You’re right it’s a disgrace. Any teams with worse PSR results next year will get nothing.
Other clubs are potentially in breach, apparently, and if a club on around 40 points were penalised after considering their
circumstances in the same way as ours, an 8 point deduction would have no impact except for the 2 millioni-sh table places
payment. It hasn't worked and doesn't make sense.

Think it’s a “people in jobs” who won’t have the critical or reasoning to be in those roles. Opened a can of worms and doubled down on it.

I’m sure I’ve read Masters was the third choice for his role?

Its probably pie in the sky but you do start to wonder now that because they've even had to review PSR basically because its blown up after Everton. That they'll just keep on kicking this club.

I agree with this.

They will keep finding more breaches until we are relegated.
Why would the PL want Everton relegated?

The longest serving club in nearly a 150 years which sells out every match, has built a futuristic new stadium and potentially keep
Luton - no disrespect - a club with meagre facilities in the League.

Just watching other stuff on it and hearing people say they feel sorry for luton. Not the fact us fans again have seen us charged -8 giving them aravantage to stay up. Then complain that they the 3 rd charge wont be done till next season, just hope we can stay up and screw the rest of this league is just pathetic

Everton’s “silk”, James Segan KC, argued that, despite the clear breach, “all roads lead to no further sanction”.

The main thrusts of his argument were the “double jeopardy” principle and that Everton had already been deducted six points for their £19.5m 2022 breach, while Nottingham Forest only had four points stripped for a £34.5m breach - a figure greater than Everton’s two-year total amount of overspend.

That was rejected by the Commission, which ruled that the starting point for sentence was three points for the breach plus an extra two for the amount.

Prem silk Adam Lewis KC accepted the argument of mitigation for the two season overlap although he opposed the extra point back - referring to the fact that Everton actually forwarded their accounts for last season two weeks AFTER the December 31 deadline

However, the Commission revealed that Prem legal chiefs want to pin a further £6.5m of losses on Everton, representing the difference between the club’s initial accounts and the final figure for the three years.

That was after an attempt to amend the charge to add extra losses of almost £17m - relating to share capitalisation by the club - was rejected by the Commission.

Could have sold Onana for 16.5 million, we'd have had plenty of takers and we'd have become compliant, but the PL shouldn't expect teams to take massively lowball amounts for the best players to comply with these rules, or maybe the plan is to allow the big 5 and Spurs hoover up all the talent while the rest have to take low sums for top talent.
That's the way it looks.