expected to come into force with effect from the 2025/2026 season. Everton
advanced in mitigation the assertion that it had been in negotiations with
USM Services Limited to bring the agreement into force early, producing an
accelerated annual receipt of £10 million commencing in FY 2022. No
agreement had been reached but negotiations were said to have reached an
advanced stage. The mitigation was claimed because the possibility of any
such agreement ceased upon imposition of sanctions on Russian entities by
the UK government following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Everton felt
that it had no alternative but to withdraw from the negotiations.
124. The Commission agrees with the Premier League that this cannot stand as a
head of mitigation. First, the prospects of an agreement having been
concluded are uncertain. We were not shown any contemporaneous
documents to show that receipt of the monies was probable. Second, the loss
of a proposed agreement, even when that agreement might have been thought
likely, is the type of event that businesses experience. It is not something that
can stand as diminishing Everton’s culpability.

We were trying to claim money from an agreement that didn't start until 2025/26.

Rickies upset cos Siggy doesn't play for us no more.

lol

I'll do whatever I like thanks. Create an alternative? Get a grip. I buy my match tickets for Everton and Marine, other than that, I play no part in the circus. I Love many things about English football. Why do I either have to be happy with everything about it or abandon it and start my own sporting institution, ffs
Their priorities writ large.

F_SnW1kWwAAg9gb
Absolutely shameless. The ‘raison d’etre’ writ large….

“Splurge” under Lampard???! Fair description of some of earlier managers but seems daft to use it for Lampard era. And some of his tenure not relevant to period being penalized for in any case.

Some of the stuff in the media about this has been ridiculous and that is an example. I wouldn't say I'm shocked but surely a bit of research isn't too much to expect.

He said that if you break the rules you deserve to be punished so have to accept that and “suck it up”.

But he was talking about how it should galvanise the club and use it now to unite everyone and go out to prove them wrong. So said the club should appeal it but also accept it rather than kicking the can down the road for another 12 weeks considering the bottom half of the league is so weak.

I half agree with him. We do have to suck it up because we did break the rules and admitted so. What he didn’t comment on was the severity of it. And that’s what we need to challenge, because we are guilty.
This.

If anyone's interested!

Just a disclaimer: It's more talking through the report's findings and trying to interpret them. The report's very woolly and there's a lot of open-ended language in there. Mike's opinions are just that - his opinion, albeit with a business background, so more qualified than I to judge fully!

I have included a screenshot of the rules. They were in place. It clearly states in the handbook that a club shall not enter another competition other than the below.

Why would the 6 clubs settle with the PL if they done nothing wrong?

View attachment 235956

The 6 clubs technically, and that’s the key point, hadn’t entered any competition outside the ones listed.

What the did do is become shareholders in a Spanish company which was to form the competition.That competition as we know never saw the light of day.

AsI said the other day the clubs paid the sum of £22 million because of PR. If the FA and or the PL could have charged the 6 then they would.

Ironically the 24/25 version of the CL is not a million miles away from what was being proposed by the super league the
UEFA version

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back