6 + 2 Point Deductions

No, we are saying that we were in advanced negotions for an earlier start to the payments and that should be a mitigating factor

“mitigation the assertion that it had been in negotiations with USM Services Limited to bring the agreement into force early, producing an accelerated annual receipt of £10 million commencing in FY 2022. No
agreement had been reached but negotiations were said to have reached an advanced stage.”
We couldn't produce a single contemporaneous document to show any of the negotiations.

Yeah…. That’s also possible Isn’t it .
And whilst I think we will shrug off a 10 point deduction pretty well, I don’t see how we’d survive another 9 points. I just hope that if the price goes low enough other buyers will take a punt.
This is all on Moshiri, the man is a disgrace.

other buyers would deffo come in

but we surely won’t get docked another 9 points it’s f n inhumane

Yes. If we’d been hit with this last seaosn we’d have given down. Now? We’re only two points off safety.
People are rightly angry about it all, but I can’t help but think that the anger would be better focused on stopping 777. This sanction represents the past, the future is even scarier.
Using energy to stop a takeover would be absolutely ridiculous when our owner is no longer able to fund the club. We need the takeover asap, so the club doesn't get into an even worse financial position and potentially enter admin.

And the punishment is excessive so the frustration and anger is justified.

The whole thing reminds me of the Speckled Jim episode from Blackadder goes forth.

They charged us then changed the rules before the hearing to suit their agenda.

It's like being charged of a crime today for an offence in 2022 going on trial in 2024 and then the maximum sentence being changed in 2023 and then imposed.

Sorry fella I know you did 40 in a 30 zone and ordinarily we know that the usual punishment is 3 points on your licence but we decided a few months back that it should be the death penalty so unlucky.

Using energy to stop a takeover would be absolutely ridiculous when our owner is no longer able to fund the club. We need the takeover asap, so the club doesn't get into an even worse financial position and potentially enter admin.

And the punishment is excessive so the frustration and anger is justified.
Can 777 fund the club?
anyway.. argument for a different thread

I agree that documentation is a problem, as discussed above with @BlueToff, but that is a different situation than you initially described it as which was “trying to claim money from an agreement that didn't start until 2025/26.”
The agreement was due to come into force from 25/26 because the probability is that would be our first full season at BMD. From an accounting point of view you can only account for things that are probable. It is a massive stretch to try and claim money for something that was still a possibility even more so trying to bring forward naming rights for a ground that is far from finished.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back