6 + 2 Point Deductions

Starting to look like we presented a terrible case and the commission hit us for 10 for being morons.

Hopefully we employ an actual legal team for the appeal.
Does anyone know how the appeal works??
Because if you can just put your case again, you might have a chance.
However, don’t most appeals systems work on the grounds that you have to show some sort of misapplication of process?? Could we do this? On what grounds?

However, don’t most appeals systems work on the grounds that you have to show some sort of misapplication of process?? Could we do this? On what grounds?

The penalty versus the facts. We cooperated, we tried all sorts in mitigation, we had zippo advantage on the pitch, we were bell ends basically. But not 10 point bell endery. (Een though I reckon we will stay up anyrate)

Starting to look like we presented a terrible case and the commission hit us for 10 for being morons.

Get the feeling we were trusting in a “not guilty to all charges but we’ll co-operate to reduce any sanctions” approach and then switched to “guilty but with mitigating factors” a bit late when seemed we were going to be hit anyway and didn’t do enough homework on documentation of mitigation.

Get the feeling we were trusting in a “not guilty to all charges but we’ll co-operate to reduce any sanctions” approach and then switched to “guilty but with mitigating factors” a bit late when seemed we were going to be hit anyway and didn’t do enough homework on documentation of mitigation.

hopefully now we get a better legal team

Personally. I dont think it mattered. They were looking for a club to nail and having read the report i didnt think it was so far out. The more i see and hear the more i think they wanted to prove a point because of this football governance bill.
Independent review board my arse. Everton came along at a great time for them.
Well they've opened up pandoras box now.

Yeah what happens we give an accurate reasoned and sensible defence of our case and make a considered and arguable claim that the original verdict was excessive and took no account of the mitigating circumstances we outlined.

Then Dalglish,Hansen and Matt Hughes from the Daily Mail throw it out and double the deduction.

Oh and penalty to Liverpool for good measure.

There doesn’t actually seem to be a process to calculate the penalty so that will likely be one prong of appeal.

The penalty versus the facts. We cooperated, we tried all sorts in mitigation, we had zippo advantage on the pitch, we were bell ends basically. But not 10 point bell endery. (Een though I reckon we will stay up anyrate)
Yeah, don’t see staying up as an issue.

What I’m trying to ask is, how does an appeal work? Is it that there needs to be new evidence that comes to light, do we appeal on grounds that the rules weren’t applied correctly? Just wondering about the detail of it really

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back