6 + 2 Point Deductions

Yeah, don’t see staying up as an issue.

What I’m trying to ask is, how does an appeal work? Is it that there needs to be new evidence that comes to light, do we appeal on grounds that the rules weren’t applied correctly? Just wondering about the detail of it really

We will not appeal the decision, but the sentence.

Yeah…. That’s also possible Isn’t it .
And whilst I think we will shrug off a 10 point deduction pretty well, I don’t see how we’d survive another 9 points. I just hope that if the price goes low enough other buyers will take a punt.
This is all on Moshiri, the man is a disgrace.
I don’t think a sane buyer does that at this stage. There is too much uncertainty

hopefully now we get a better legal team
Tbh if we changed our minds on strategy late in the game (especially without the CFO and CEO providing testimony) hard for any lawyers to produce the detailed supporting documentation required in time. And that is assuming that the commission were entirely unbiased and hadn’t already made up their mind.

Take your blues specs off. What would you honestly do?

We appeal (not sure who is paying for the legal team) and get the reduction of points reduced. We push through the sale of the club quickly. We let the pl deal with any clubs, outside the pl, to may sue.

And worst case scenario?

Starting to look like we presented a terrible case and the commission hit us for 10 for being morons.

Hopefully we employ an actual legal team for the appeal.
It’s hard not to have a presumption of incompetence with Everton, isn't it?

It’s why I took absolutely no comfort from their briefings that they were ‘relaxed’ about the investigation. With good reason, it turns out.

and as ive said before, the UK Government gave people money due to the effect of the Ukraine war on energy prices.... but yeah Everton can't use that as mitigation... utterly ludicrus.
Spurs and Arsenal got 100 million plus low intrest loans government to get through covid.. Ukraine+covid+ new stadium=perfect storm. Every other team had to deal with 2 of these nobody else had all 3.

Take your blues specs off. What would you honestly do?

We appeal (not sure who is paying for the legal team) and get the reduction of points reduced. We push through the sale of the club quickly. We let the pl deal with any clubs, outside the pl, to may sue.

And worst case scenario?

The 10 points are not reduced. Not a (legal) chance a club can be sued for what happens in a football match.

There doesn’t actually seem to be a process to calculate the penalty so that will likely be one prong of appeal.

Failure to sell players. Well you've got to have a buyer havent you. I wouldnt have bought most of the crap we bought, but what sort of charge is that. You are relieant on outside sources, ie, buyers. That comes across to me as a bizare charge. Esp as we sold 2 players for 100m.

We should try and apply the Captain Tom defence to Kenwright’s passing…he had all the paperwork showing we had a signed contract from USM for sponsorship at his home in Little Venice but now the fragrant Jenny can’t find it!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back