6 + 2 Point Deductions

Read somewhere today that a lot of the clubs are uneasy at the severity of the punishment. There are a lot of skeletons in a lot of closets.
Not just the 10 point penalty either I’d guess.

That other clubs can sue if you are found in a historical breach of the FFP rules presumably made quite a few nervous - most of the other clubs have been fined for breaches but if those breaches can result in other clubs suing would be total chaos.

That other clubs can sue if you are found in a historical breach of the FFP rules presumably made quite a few nervous - most of the other clubs have been fined for breaches but if those breaches can result in other clubs suing you would be total chaos.

Made this point a while back.

Stadium costs are permissible deductions though. That means they have absolutely no effect on our P&S calculation. As for COVID we were given far more leeway than every other club in the League.

The only difference we had was Ukraine. The issue with that is we would basically have to admit it was dodgy money in the first place and far above market value. If it wasn't then we would have been able to replace that sponsorship by now.
It would not have been possible to replace the 21/22 sponsorship overnight and that’s the contention.
Obtaining sponsorship deals now has nothing to do with what we are being punished for in 21/22.

Based on the sponsorship deals I’ve been involved in with the PL and some individual
Clubs they don’t happen overnight and certainly not at the tail end of the season.

Apparently the rules for the stadium changed in 2022.
Prior to 2022 we were claiming the interest from the Metro and Rights media loans were permissible deductions because they were being used to fund the Stadium.

What changed was that our accounts and the documents for the charge for the loans were then published. That showed that Moshiri was providing loans for the Stadium interest-free and that the commercial loans had clauses preventing them from being used for the Stadium.

It was amateur hour from the board. We lied knowing that the accounts and charge details would be published. Especially when we were trying to get funding for BMD by telling everyone that Moshiri's loans were interest-free to encourage interest from investors.

That other clubs can sue if you are found in a historical breach of the FFP rules presumably made quite a few nervous - most of the other clubs have been fined for breaches but if those breaches can result in other clubs suing would be total chaos.

Exactly the point that I made earlier. FFS even we would have a potential claim in one of those seasons!

Actually that's up for debate. Everton say they were £17m in the black.

£19m over the threshold for a three year period drives home how much this stinks. Let’s see all prem clubs balance sheets published for transparency.
Haven’t Chelsea just blown £1b in around 12 months, Forest with 300 players no doubt on big wages, West Ham and all their goings on, United especially as they are a bigger mess than we are… it’s all relative and regardless of income through “sponsorship or prize money, it still will balance out and I’m sure there are others in worse states than we are.

Where were Howardsway and gwladysnight before this happened? Absolute whoppers of the highest order. Probably sat in their ma's box rooms with their RS pyjamas on with their RS bed sheets and wallpaper.

Either RS or Geordies, not entirely sure what their MO is other than the fact they’ve clearly got nothing better to do than come and argue utter tosh on a rival fan forum

Now what are you on about?
If you care to read back you will see that my stance has always been that this is just a game being played.
Hit us with 10pts, reduce on appeal.... nowhere have I said the 10pt penalty was deserved. All I have said is I am not getting angry at the PL for this. It is Moshiri who has caused this with his reckless spending. We've spent some 750M since he came to the club... seems everyone was happy for him to do that with scant regard for the consequences.

It seems that some can't handle that argument or counter it.... so instead they resort to the usual RS b/s.
Yeah, but what's our net spend?

Actually that's up for debate. Everton say they were £17m in the black.
We didn't. Read the judgement we admitted breaching P&S limits but claimed it was only by £7.9m.

We got to that figure by claiming for stadium interest we never paid and by stating that the 4% transfer levy which goes to player pensions was in fact for youth development costs incurred by the club.

Total and utter can of worms, chaos. We could back sue City, Chelsea etc for the value of 6 points each season as they have definitely cheated in a massive way and they will SURELY get found guilty at some point - where does all that silliness end. The penalty is the points deductions more on top with clubs sueing each other is utter madness.
With all these desperate clowns in charge of the PL and Evertons utterly incompetent board who can not get anything right. Who knows, it will be what it is.

Prior to 2022 we were claiming the interest from the Metro and Rights media loans were permissible deductions because they were being used to fund the Stadium.

What changed was that our accounts and the documents for the charge for the loans were then published. That showed that Moshiri was providing loans for the Stadium interest-free and that the commercial loans had clauses preventing them from being used for the Stadium.

It was amateur hour from the board. We lied knowing that the accounts and charge details would be published. Especially when we were trying to get funding for BMD by telling everyone that Moshiri's loans were interest-free to encourage interest from investors.
But saying we lied suggests dishonesty, which the premier league didn't allege and the commission ruled out. I'm not sure how to square that bit, I have to say.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back