6 + 2 Point Deductions

Yes they have been, that is why they are going to sell a player or two this summer. In the past 5 years they are 5th for net spend even though they have been the richest club in football for 3 years. The affects of FFP which Man City bypassed when PSR was introduced.

View attachment 258398

Nice table there.
  • We are the smallest spenders outside of Luton and Brighton.
  • Chelsea in 22/23 spening net 562 million!
  • Man United have spent net 700 million over 5 years!

Chelsea avoided deductions by moving their hotel for £200 million to another company.

This after they had a finacnial advntage for the last 20 years with no regulations.

Annoying that they have found a few loopholes. However they will be in trouble with FFP if they do not qualify for Champions League next season.

They have lost a significant amount in the last three seasons and with no European football the season just gone and only conference league next season. Revenues for the next set of accounts will be down and should see another loss on the books.

Others issues will be player sales to generate cash for more incoming. So players like Lukaku and Kepa, who funnily enough they would be realistic targets should we need to sell Pickford and DCL.

Nice table there.
  • We are the smallest spenders outside of Luton and Brighton.
  • Chelsea in 22/23 spening net 562 million!
  • Man United have spent net 700 million over 5 years!

We really have been suffocated the past few seasons since we have given our accounts to the Premier League. Just shows how many mega money contracts we gave out to poor footballers.

Yes they have been, that is why they are going to sell a player or two this summer. In the past 5 years they are 5th for net spend even though they have been the richest club in football for 3 years. The affects of FFP which Man City bypassed when PSR was introduced.

View attachment 258398

That table is truely staggering. Staggering that we're in the black for 3 seasons. And only really the ancelotti season for a large ish red spend. And chelsea 500m in one season. I mean if you were unaware of what has gone on and just said to someone what club on that list do you think had been deducted points Everton would be one of the last guesses.

Given the PL wanted to deduct us 17 points this season, I'm looking forward to see what their recommended sanction is for City when they finally get round to processing their 115 charges.

I am 98.7% sure that the incoming rule changes will see clean slates all around, It would be easy for City's team of legal experts to argue that the rules were changed because they weren't fit for purpose, and they shouldn't be punished for breaking rules that weren't fit for purpose. They of course will be able to word it far better than I did and will threaten real courts to avoid punishment and the PL's case will fold like a bad umbrella.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back