6 + 2 Point Deductions

Said it a few years ago, signing players for fees will become a thing of the past, you can see how free agents or lads entering the ends of their contracts are suddenly more valuable when you have to meet, PSR rules.

If i was a player id be running down every contract id ever have.

I was thinking about this the other day.

Like if I was a professional footballer and wanted to get a move or wanted to play and experience football in other countries I'd only agree to a max 3 year contract. Don't sign extensions etc.

I was thinking about this the other day.

Like if I was a professional footballer and wanted to get a move or wanted to play and experience football in other countries I'd only agree to a max 3 year contract. Don't sign extensions etc.
If I was a footballer I would be thinking what if I break my leg in the final month of my contract and ive got no dough to pay for my birds botox for 2 years while I recover.

Completely rigged. Sell your better players (often young and up and coming talent) in June to the top teams most often for less than their true value, buy or loan some cheap has beens who are not good enough anymore and thus weaken you for the season ahead, spend the season fighting to avoid relegation or at best mid table. Stay up and then do the same thing all over again, rinse and repeat. Upper clubs completely protected from any intrusion from the rest of the rabble.

Absolutely despise the premier league and everything it stands for.

You see it this window, even the frees Adarabioyo to Chelsea, Kelly to Newcastle and Dom linked to Chelsea - none of those clubs would pay 50 mill + for those players, its because their contracts are ending - its down to PSR - players who have little left on their contracts are hugely in demand - most would never sign for those clubs if it wasnt for their contract situations.

The fact that Bosmon in effect gave the green flag for players to walk at the end of their contracts meant that most clubs had to consider selling players before they entered the last year of those deals.

It certainly was the case that prior to FFP/PSR clubs weren’t quite as worried about losing players for free but now they have to far more focused on the bottom line that ever before.

6 out of 20 have to sell to be compliant, not including City and whatever they are accused of...a third of the league..... proof if it was needed that it's broken
I wouldn’t read the report as being Gospel. The author of the report has done nothing other than look at the accounting bottom line and stuck his finger in the wind.
There is nothing in the public domain save a few hints from the various ICs comments to upon which you can get even a hint as to what the submissions for 23/24 will look like those and a suggestion from the EFL that Leicester were of course to fail
I said months ago on here that I believed that the PL will vote at this seasons AGM to uplift the limit of allowable losses from £105 million and that seems a possibility

City's litigation against the PL belongs to City alone. Even if there are clubs that are sympathetic towards their litigation, the other clubs are simply not involved in the proceedings, so it's not the case that Everton are in agreement with City in relation to their legal action. We aren't involved in it, and neither is any other club.

We are involved with Villa's proposition to increase the amount of allowed PSR losses; we will get a vote just like every other PL club.

An absolute mess. Everyone just looking after their own interests, loads of clubs would rather everyone else get points deductions to give them a chance of finishing 2 places higher. Goes along with what Townsend was saying about all the Luton players celebrating our points deduction and their weird chairman chatting rubbish. The spirit of the game and fair competition is gone forever.

Of course they would. Think about it from an owners standpoint: If you are one of the sly 6 do you want other clubs to be able to spend more to compete with you? No. If you are a team facing a relegation fight it probably means you have limited funds anyway, do you want your competitors to have more money to bury you with? No. If you are a mid table owner and safe in the league, do you want to be forced to spend more money to just be mediocre? No.

I get that fans want this higher, but owners really want this as low as possible. Owners would love a salary cap. Once you introduce anything that suppresses their expenses owners will never vote to get rid of it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back