6 + 2 Point Deductions

An absolute mess. Everyone just looking after their own interests, loads of clubs would rather everyone else get points deductions to give them a chance of finishing 2 places higher. Goes along with what Townsend was saying about all the Luton players celebrating our points deduction and their weird chairman chatting rubbish. The spirit of the game and fair competition is gone forever.
I would likewise imagine all clubs would indeed be looking after their own interests and that’s why the outcome sort of surprises me

What it does suggest to me that the six clubs reported as being at risk is not the case.

I don’t know at what point the clubs promoted or relegated are voted in or out but if the vote included Leicester and the other two promoted clubs they , Leicester, almost certainly would have voted for it whereas if it was the clubs being relegated I would suspect that they would abstain .

We know Villa would almost certainly have voted for it ( they proposed it)

I'd imagine it was voted against as clubs want it gone, voting for a change sees it stick around for at least a 3 year cycle while they see how it plays out.

I would likewise imagine all clubs would indeed be looking after their own interests and that’s why the outcome sort of surprises me

What it does suggest to me that the six clubs reported as being at risk is not the case.

I don’t know at what point the clubs promoted or relegated are voted in or out but if the vote included Leicester and the other two promoted clubs they , Leicester, almost certainly would have voted for it whereas if it was the clubs being relegated I would suspect that they would abstain .

We know Villa would almost certainly have voted for it ( they proposed it)
This just suggests to me that villa are 15-20 million over and wanted it changed this year and hoping that their CL income helps them out by next June. Maybe i'm looking too deep.

Looks like PSR is going. Premier league have voted to operate the new model, can spend up to 85% of income on transfers and wages per season, from the 24/25 season with the “ anchoring” for high revenue clubs. This will be run alongside the existing PSR on a “non binding” basis. Which means if you don’t comply with PSR, it doesn’t matter as long as you are within the 85%.

For Everton we brought in £172m last year so could spend £146m on wages and transfers, with players leaving our current wage bill is £60m so plenty left to spend on new players.

6 out of 20 have to sell to be compliant, not including City and whatever they are accused of...a third of the league..... proof if it was needed that it's broken
Proof if needed that same said clubs need to come together to change it.

Instead they have most fans and these clubs pointing the finger at one another,

The rules only suits a small band of clubs who are immune to those rules.

The same clubs who interviewed Masters for his role, surprise, surprise,

Know your enemy.

Looks like PSR is going. Premier league have voted to operate the new model, can spend up to 85% of income on transfers and wages per season, from the 24/25 season with the “ anchoring” for high revenue clubs. This will be run alongside the existing PSR on a “non binding” basis. Which means if you don’t comply with PSR, it doesn’t matter as long as you are within the 85%.

For Everton we brought in £172m last year so could spend £146m on wages and transfers, with players leaving our current wage bill is £60m so plenty left to spend on new players.

Issue is our squad is threadbare. Add 5-6 additions of good quality who would demand decent wages and that annual wage bill rockets.

In comparison, the usual cartel like Utd can stockpile players on 200k a week on their bench and still spend hundreds of millions.

These new rules are no better than PSR.

FB92 will raise a toast the day these regs are thrown in the bin.

Our wage bill isn't 60m mate.

What it kind of says to me is that maybe some owners moaning about PSR preventing them from spending are actually using it as a convenient excuse not to.
I think you only need 6 clubs for a veto
(Hence why there were 6 included in the breakaway plans for the Superleague and why it crumbled hours after Chelsea backed out)

Issue is our squad is threadbare. Add 5-6 additions of good quality who would demand decent wages and that annual wage bill rockets.

In comparison, the usual cartel like Utd can stockpile players on 200k a week on their bench and still spend hundreds of millions.

These new rules are no better than PSR.

FB92 will raise a toast the day these regs are thrown in the bin.
Who is FB92?

I believe by wages and transfers they mean wage bill + amortisation of transfer costs. Both show on the accounts. Im assuming the revenue includes everything including player sales. So taking that, last year we had:

1. Revenue of 219 million
2. Amortisation/Transfer costs of 77.6 million
3. Wages of who knows, 80 million? 130 million? Does it include social security costs?

In order to comply we could have spent 186 million, which means wages would need to be under 108 million. I have no idea if thats good or bad for us.

IMG_5035.webp
meh

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back