6 + 2 Point Deductions

Wouldn't it just be the best thing ever if the PL ended up with government regulation because of the harsh sanctions the very thing they were trying to avoid by handing out a harsh sanction.. if they went with a sensible 5 or 6 points suspended pending further breaches then this whole thing would have blown over by now, instead it's just getting started.

You don't know that. No one knows what can happen from now on with clubs like the promoted one's being boosted by Everton's tumble down the league.
I really don't see Luton turning into prime Barcelona because they are suddenly 2 points ahead of Everton.. we are lucky that there are 3 of the worst teams ever to be in the PL currently in the PL.

Every bluenose needs to stick together and back this team to get through this.

We do not need the help of others. We are Everon, we can do this.

FB_IMG_1700503453374.webp

I’m not so sure this is a big deal and there are other issues with the judgement that should maybe be focussed on. Sports law is a pretty limited field with a limited number of clients so over a career I imagine a lawyer will represent plenty of different clubs. Unless he is still retained by them (I don’t know if he is or isn’t) the fact he once represented them 15 years ago doesn’t infer any lifelong affiliation or anything.
I don't think that acting for Leeds more than 15 years ago should preclude him from sitting on the commission panel .

However as soon as Leeds applied to join the action and he realized that they could have a potential claim I am genuinely surprised that he did not recuse himself or the Everton did not ask for his removal.

If this were a criminal matter I do not think a judge would sit and hear a case where he or she has either previously defended or prosecuted the defendant.

A slight tangent but jurors are specifically told they cannot be involved in any case where they know the defendant or any witnesses.

So yes , on balance , I'm honestly surprised that he continued and was allowed to continue to sit.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it just be the best thing ever if the PL ended up with government regulation because of the harsh sanctions the very thing they were trying to avoid by handing out a harsh sanction.. if they went with a sensible 5 or 6 points suspended pending further breaches then this whole thing would have blown over by now, instead it's just getting started.

Hopefully Masters is clearing his desk soon.

We are stupid but surely we aren't that stupid? We would have been shouting from the rooftops before the decision was made that it stinks to high heaven if they knew who was on the panel.
What over the past three years have you seen to suggest otherwise?

Our board was essentially exiled (rightly) by our furious fans in January. There was too much disruption at the top to construct proper mitigation and scrutinise exactly who was signing our death warrant.

not quite, they infer there may have been and unquantifiable benefit. Not quite so firm footed.
No 'may' about it Arch. They state definitively that the breach confers a sporting advantage. They do say it can't be quantified, that's correct.

As I've said previously, I hope that unquantifiable element will be important when the vultures come, but I fear that the Premier League are going to take a cackhanded attempt at quantifying it.

Just to add, because there seems to be people on here that think if you point obvious things out you're not an Everton fan, I completely disagree with the commission on the sporting advantage, and absolutely on the punishment as well.

Last edited:

Whilst im no fan of the PL - the thought of the Government who knows nothing about the sport "regulating" it isn't something to be excited about.

The Government is even more corrupt than the PL when you consider the Newcastle takeover.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back