6 + 2 Point Deductions

This is spot on BUT, will they follow with comparable punishments, i fear not as you rightly say the PL will implode
I questioned my self when I stated that but the only saving grace or should I say potential that I can see the PL having is that in terms of breaching FFP spending limits I am not sure that at this point in time the charges against City don’t relate to exceeding the spending limits and come to that us despite what some think the charges

I can remember sitting in the West stand at SB talking to a prominent politician about VAR . This normally reasonably balanced individual ( when it came to matters football ) just couldn’t see the dangers of introducing something to try and” correct “ matters that were subjective.

His only real argument was that it works well when it comes to goal line technology and will work well when it comes to off side .

Regulation will bring uniformity to the administration of football. Not!

No matter how you try to standardise matters It creates its own sort of bias. No matter how you try to introduce regulations you will either see a flurry of very clever legal eagles who will be engaged trying to find ( I hate the term ) loop holes or all you will go is see far more off shore or disguised payments.

Its nothing to do with football but it’s an example of how a simple and some would say a sensible rule creates in equity but the reality it doesn’t.

Shoplifting is theft no ifs or but.

Police it seems in accord with the law treat cases where the value of those stolen goods is under £200 with little or most likely no response or action. A retail outlet such as Harrods will have a greater % of its goods over £200 than say The little corner shop where you buy your milk of bread where it would have to be quite a spree to reach £200.

In effect Police are likely to attend Harrods and almost certainly will never attend theft from that little corner shop.

Look more at football matters & particularly FFP( P&S) .

Clubs can go £105 million over the break even. For clubs like say Bouremouth whose income is say £150 million per annum or £450 million over 3 years they can effect spend 25% over a measuring period more than they earn. Not going to get into a debate about their debt but at Man Utd their income is say £600 million or £1.8 billion over a monitoring period. They like Bournemouth like every PL club can go £105 million over but that’s what 6%at Man Utd

My point is will a regulator take the view it will allow a uniform % loss or continue with a number which those that earn the bigger bucks will argue is prejudicial against them

I questioned my self when I stated that but the only saving grace or should I say potential that I can see the PL having is that in terms of breaching FFP spending limits I am not sure that at this point in time the charges against City don’t relate to exceeding the spending limits and come to that us despite what some think the charges

I can remember sitting in the West stand at SB talking to a prominent politician about VAR . This normally reasonably balanced individual ( when it came to matters football ) just couldn’t see the dangers of introducing something to try and” correct “ matters that were subjective.

His only real argument was that it works well when it comes to goal line technology and will work well when it comes to off side .

Regulation will bring uniformity to the administration of football. Not!

No matter how you try to standardise matters It creates its own sort of bias. No matter how you try to introduce regulations you will either see a flurry of very clever legal eagles who will be engaged trying to find ( I hate the term ) loop holes or all you will go is see far more off shore or disguised payments.

Its nothing to do with football but it’s an example of how a simple and some would say a sensible rule creates in equity but the reality it doesn’t.

Shoplifting is theft no ifs or but.

Police it seems in accord with the law treat cases where the value of those stolen goods is under £200 with little or most likely no response or action. A retail outlet such as Harrods will have a greater % of its goods over £200 than say The little corner shop where you buy your milk of bread where it would have to be quite a spree to reach £200.

In effect Police are likely to attend Harrods and almost certainly will never attend theft from that little corner shop.

Look more at football matters & particularly FFP( P&S) .

Clubs can go £105 million over the break even. For clubs like say Bouremouth whose income is say £150 million per annum or £450 million over 3 years they can effect spend 25% over a measuring period more than they earn. Not going to get into a debate about their debt but at Man Utd their income is say £600 million or £1.8 billion over a monitoring period. They like Bournemouth like every PL club can go £105 million over but that’s what 6%at Man Utd

My point is will a regulator take the view it will allow a uniform % loss or continue with a number which those that earn the bigger bucks will argue is prejudicial against them

Many of City's current charges are about how they raise their money. If the whole inference thing comes to pass, then you could say that it can be inferred that if found guilty, they wouldn't have had the same level of income if they'd have been straight, meaning that they would have broke PSR for every period since it began. I mean, who actually knows what would have happened, but that's kind of where we are.

Trouble is, if Everton are relegated, there is a sob story that in their eyes passes at the start of the new season.

If City, Chelsea, Tottenham etc al. were to be relegated by a commissions decision, they would likely be right on the blower to Madrid, Barca etc and fire up the ESL quick smart. That would inevitably mean the others follow.

Personally, it might do the league some good and introduce a level of competition again, but its no good whatsoever for the fans of those teams and that's what it should be about.

After what has passed, the financial restrictions cannot be based upon percentage of income, they must be based on absolutes. Currently your perfectly fine so long as you did the creative accounting stuff before the rules were applied, it's like letting you off with shoplifting if you did it before 8am.

Nobody will sign that off though because while it is in the interest of the sport and supporters, it is not in the interest of the owners/state.

Many of City's current charges are about how they raise their money. If the whole inference thing comes to pass, then you could say that it can be inferred that if found guilty, they wouldn't have had the same level of income if they'd have been straight, meaning that they would have broke PSR for every period since it began. I mean, who actually knows what would have happened, but that's kind of where we are.

Trouble is, if Everton are relegated, there is a sob story that in their eyes passes at the start of the new season.

If City, Chelsea, Tottenham etc al. were to be relegated by a commissions decision, they would likely be right on the blower to Madrid, Barca etc and fire up the ESL quick smart. That would inevitably mean the others follow.

Personally, it might do the league some good and introduce a level of competition again, but its no good whatsoever for the fans of those teams and that's what it should be about.

After what has passed, the financial restrictions cannot be based upon percentage of income, they must be based on absolutes. Currently your perfectly fine so long as you did the creative accounting stuff before the rules were applied, it's like letting you off with shoplifting if you did it before 8am.

Nobody will sign that off though because while it is in the interest of the sport and supporters, it is not in the interest of the owners/state.

I would love City, Chelsea, Spurs and the other 3 scab clubs to get on the blower and get out of our league. Then we might get what resembles fair competition. Bring it on.

I would love City, Chelsea, Spurs and the other 3 scab clubs to get on the blower and get out of our league. Then we might get what resembles fair competition. Bring it on.

I wish everyone had just let it happen.

Madrid would be playing Bayern 4 times a season, there’d be no jeopardy anywhere in the table as there’d be no relegation and they would have invalidated all their previous CL wins. It would have been beyond boring. The remaining PL teams would have served up the most exciting competition in the world that everyone would have watched.

All it did was delay the inevitable, and now these teams have had a chance to reformat the whole thing to give them exactly what they want, integration into existing competitions, permanent membership but a few wild card entries to keep fans happy, and they’ll no doubt find a way to keep all their historical legacy intact.

Got to think that we are going to get 4+ points back on appeal. I can't think of one pundit who has said this isn't harsh. We've had sky sports pundits, talksport pundits, match of the day pundits, fan group pundits including redmentv. Various other ex players.
In fact everybody except the 3 that will hear the appeal
The common consensus is that the punishment doesn't fit the crime and surely the weight of this will be strong in any appeal.
See above

Sooner the better IMO!

You would hope think that would happen but would it?

Without the money generated from the vast TV deal currently in place most clubs that would then ply their trade in any residue league would see a significant drop off in income and as you look downward to grass roots then almost certainly the full time structure which is Championship, EFL1 , EFL 2 and maybe even the NL would without the money that currently finds it way down through the leagues would almost certainly dry up. Even at EFL 2 level you are talking about a £1 million per club per season

Without the constraints that currently forbid televised live PL games being played in the UK any ESL would almost certainly have all games televised kick offs likely to be set to see at least game each night throught the season with perhaps three or four games on both Saturday and Sunday. That would impact in several ways not least being the go to product football wise in the World

Any TV deal that could be negotiated at best would be single figure digit% of the current deals.

Major players in advertising will want to gain the exposure of the Worldwide Audience. The sort of money that kit manufacturers pay will still very much targeted toward any ESL.

So would a ESL bring fairer competition ? For me you have to look no further than Scotland to get a hint.I saw something the other day that playing Celtic and Rangers at home can generate up to 40% of some Scottish clubs total annual match day revenue and yet some in Scotland want their two biggest clubs to move away to another league on the basis it would “ Create fairer competition “ .It certainly wouldn’t if clubs were unable enough cash to compete or come to that compete at all!

I have said on several occasions that the ESL was ill conceived but the concept hasn’t gone away it’s more treading water and that is a pity because the new CL format is the first stages of its formation and it could all be so easily avoided

I am not going to re read the commissions Written reasons but didn’t they talk around the possible knock on in terms of other charges being applicable if the one charge against Everton was proven ?
If my memory is right then it’s unlikely that if City get found guilty of their 115 charges I am not so sure that other charges around FFP specific breeches will follow.
Just to throw something really interesting into the pot it was suggested to me that Chelsea might not be charged but the PL might well be looking toward an agreed settlement mainly justified because of the fact that Chelsea self notified and if any “ Everton “level of penalty is forthcoming through a commission then any sort of self reporting will in effect be discouraged going forward.

You would hope think that would happen but would it?

Without the money generated from the vast TV deal currently in place most clubs that would then ply their trade in any residue league would see a significant drop off in income and as you look downward to grass roots then almost certainly the full time structure which is Championship, EFL1 , EFL 2 and maybe even the NL would without the money that currently finds it way down through the leagues would almost certainly dry up. Even at EFL 2 level you are talking about a £1 million per club per season

Without the constraints that currently forbid televised live PL games being played in the UK any ESL would almost certainly have all games televised kick offs likely to be set to see at least game each night throught the season with perhaps three or four games on both Saturday and Sunday. That would impact in several ways not least being the go to product football wise in the World

Any TV deal that could be negotiated at best would be single figure digit% of the current deals.

Major players in advertising will want to gain the exposure of the Worldwide Audience. The sort of money that kit manufacturers pay will still very much targeted toward any ESL.

So would a ESL bring fairer competition ? For me you have to look no further than Scotland to get a hint.I saw something the other day that playing Celtic and Rangers at home can generate up to 40% of some Scottish clubs total annual match day revenue and yet some in Scotland want their two biggest clubs to move away to another league on the basis it would “ Create fairer competition “ .It certainly wouldn’t if clubs were unable enough cash to compete or come to that compete at all!

I have said on several occasions that the ESL was ill conceived but the concept hasn’t gone away it’s more treading water and that is a pity because the new CL format is the first stages of its formation and it could all be so easily avoided

Honestly I wouldn't care about the lowering in standards that will inevitably come. The super league has limited teams and even they can only have so many players, before thd players themselves get bored with being on thd bench or in the reserves and start trickling back.

We managed fine in the old First Division, Football was so much more enjoyable then, a much more level playing field. Feel a bit sorry for modern fans outside the top six, supporting their players through the ranks, until spotted by a big six genius manager.. Football is dying a death for the majority of teams, the underdog has all but disappeared.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back