6 + 2 Point Deductions

This appeal: how long do they need to take to read the commission's verdict document and Everton's reasoning that the punishment is not commensurate with the £19M transgression? Because surely it's all they need to read here?

Lawyers paid by the hour. Man City's main man is on £10,000 an hour.

Two weeks is a relatively tight turnaround to digest the report and pick out all the legal complexities so it makes sense to take up to the deadline.

Also, as I mentioned last night, while there's a possibility of it being reduced to a transfer ban (it doesn't just have to be points) we don't necessarily want the process to be rushed, the 1st of February would suit just fine, so it's right to take all the time we have. A transfer ban with the squad as it stands would probably be worse than the ten points over this season and next.
I always said a fine and a Transfer ban i expected. Not sure why some said they would rather have points took off than a window ban. But as always everyone has their own thoughts lol, with some just going off the scale to completely different things lol

Oh. So all clubs were given the option of a documented sanction mechanism in 2020, and all 20 including us voted against. Doesn’t justify the arbitrary nature of 10 points at all, but not ideal.

Did I miss all this? Brittain responding in detail to Burnham, and Masters responding to all the other MPs that complained. Sticking to their story. Certainly the tone is of defiance and not crumbling under the criticism.

Oh. So all clubs were given the option of a documented sanction mechanism in 2020, and all 20 including us voted against. Doesn’t justify the arbitrary nature of 10 points at all, but not ideal.

Did I miss all this? Brittain responding in detail to Burnham, and Masters responding to all the other MPs that complained. Sticking to their story. Certainly the tone is of defiance and not crumbling under the criticism.
He still hasn't replied to me the absolute shyster

He still hasn't replied to me the absolute shyster
It’s all very unsavoury. One side (club) saying can’t comment during appeal process. Other side leaking letters written to MPs expanding on the details in the official report. Gotta influence that appeals board I guess. I assume they are leaks; Burnham hasn’t shown a “3-page letter” that basically slaps away all of his points has he?

IMG_5243.webp

This new panel stinks……..

It’s all very unsavoury. One side (club) saying can’t comment during appeal process. Other side leaking letters written to MPs expanding on the details in the official report. Gotta influence that appeals board I guess. I assume they are leaks; Burnham hasn’t shown a “3-page letter” that basically slaps away all of his points has he?
Just wait til half way through the appeal when the Prem start "advising" the new " independent " panel for a rejigged punishment.

We'll know soon enough when their lackeys in the press are publishing it.

Its actually strange that we all think and know how corrupt the PL is and yet here we are fighting tooth and nail to stay in it.
That's a fair point. It's not like the increased revenue has done us any favours and the misuse of VAR is like a hole in the head.

In an alternate universe the Sky 6 started their boring closed back patting league that would become boring af eventually, they left the league and the new version was modelled on the Championship.
The inflated economy caused by Sky money disappearing would ultimately only lower transfer fees and agent fees

Two weeks is a relatively tight turnaround to digest the report and pick out all the legal complexities so it makes sense to take up to the deadline.

Also, as I mentioned last night, while there's a possibility of it being reduced to a transfer ban (it doesn't just have to be points) we don't necessarily want the process to be rushed, the 1st of February would suit just fine, so it's right to take all the time we have. A transfer ban with the squad as it stands would probably be worse than the ten points over this season and next.

Unless of course it is only a one window ban. I'd much rather that be in Jan than Summer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back