6 + 2 Point Deductions

Appeal panel signs in...............
g-shock-casioak-wristshot-819x1024.webp

Oh. So all clubs were given the option of a documented sanction mechanism in 2020, and all 20 including us voted against. Doesn’t justify the arbitrary nature of 10 points at all, but not ideal.

Did I miss all this? Brittain responding in detail to Burnham, and Masters responding to all the other MPs that complained. Sticking to their story. Certainly the tone is of defiance and not crumbling under the criticism.

The one thing that's standing out to me through this, is we Everton said we worked hand in hand with the PL throughout this. The PL are saying we, Everton, ignored constant warnings throughout this fiasco. Whose telling the truth, without our previous Chairman, board who have been let go, who can prove our side of the story ?

Unless of course it is only a one window ban. I'd much rather that be in Jan than Summer.
Yeah but it’d be a massive leap to go from ten points to a one window transfer ban. There’d be an outcry from other clubs, and probably justified too.

If they do switch to a transfer ban to be even comparable to a points deduction it would have to be 2 or 3 windows to avoid looking like they’d caved entirely. I guess we might get a 1 window but it’d probably be accompanied by a reduced points penalty as well.

The one thing that's standing out to me through this, is we Everton said we worked hand in hand with the PL throughout this. The PL are saying we, Everton, ignored constant warnings throughout this fiasco. Whose telling the truth, without our previous Chairman, board who have been let go, who can prove our side of the story ?
The commission did state that the PL approved all our signings because they figured that it must be staying within the rules if we are attempting the transfer.

We did work with them. Trouble is, Moshiri (apparently) told them "we needed a midfield, so I bought one". Hence the overspend.

Its been said again and again. We are guilty. We admitted it. It is the draconian sentence we are appealing.

Nothing to gain by submitting early. More information could have come out before the deadline.

Oh. So all clubs were given the option of a documented sanction mechanism in 2020, and all 20 including us voted against. Doesn’t justify the arbitrary nature of 10 points at all, but not ideal.

Did I miss all this? Brittain responding in detail to Burnham, and Masters responding to all the other MPs that complained. Sticking to their story. Certainly the tone is of defiance and not crumbling under the criticism.

We have to hope as just ordinary Everton fans and fair minded football fans, that a) Everton have done their due diligence following the Commissions report and their legal team are smart and all over it. And b) that the credibility of the PL and legal issues Raised by Andy Burnham, is seriously looked in to by the DCMS prior to the arrival of an independent regulator.

The PL can be defiant and can deny all they like but there is no doubt and it's painstakingly obvious that we've been used as test case.

The net positive transfer spend surely is a tick on our side of that argument
Selling our better players to try to balance the books not only shows effort, it also kicks the sporting advantage argument to touch imo

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back