6 + 2 Point Deductions

We did work with them. Trouble is, Moshiri (apparently) told them "we needed a midfield, so I bought one". Hence the overspend.

Its been said again and again. We are guilty. We admitted it. It is the draconian sentence we are appealing.

I'm not saying we're not guilty, like most people it's the sentence. What I'm saying and it is conjecture, two sides are coming out with opposing stories, one says hand in hand, us. Thro other them is saying we ignored warnings all along. That is a major difference.

I'm not saying we're not guilty, like most people it's the sentence. What I'm saying and it is conjecture, two sides are coming out with opposing stories, one says hand in hand, us. Thro other them is saying we ignored warnings all along. That is a major difference.

They said we were close to a breach. Only once iirc, Mosh it seems ignored them. I said ages ago, that if you need to deal with regulators, HMRC etc etc, it is far better to fess up, and walk with them. Which is what we did for a couple of years. But then.

The net positive transfer spend surely is a tick on our side of that argument
Selling our better players to try to balance the books not only shows effort, it also kicks the sporting advantage argument to touch imo

I agree with that, but again in the findings of the hearing, the PL were defiant we had not improved, laughable, just shows how he'll bent they were on doing us. Only time the adudicators sided with us.

Probably take as much time to get all their ducks in a row.
Make sure the case for the appeal is as strong as can be.

I’m guessing the original case was a balls up on our part.

Hmm I feel if we would have signed affidavits signed by Judges, these would have still done us. I feel this was prejudged from the start to the finish.

It feels like we are on our own despite some support from the likes of Samuels and Herbert but the average football fan thinks we broke the rules so must be punished. The scale of the punishment is unprecedented and I don’t think the fans of the other 13 clubs realise that they will be on the receiving end in the future.

Apologies to Martin Niemoller for stealing his prose and adapting but let this be a warning to other fans of PL clubs of “being careful what you wish for”.

First they came for Everton
And I did not speak out
Because I was not an Evertonian

Then they came for the Wanderers
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Wolves man

Then they came for the Villa
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Villain

Then they came for the rest of the clubs
And there was no-one left to speak for us.

I was a bit unnerved hearing the PL had very very strongly pushed back against procedural complaints. But this BBC piece paints a very high level but fair summary of our position.

This appeal has to done asap. You can’t leave a team and fans at the bottom of the league not knowing what if any outcome until the end of the season. The players might just give up hope and we could be left stranded at the bottom.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back