6 + 2 Point Deductions

Spurs chairman was on YouTube the other week said after the Everton one you might not see a new one for quite a while.
Costs , location ect
New stadium = more revenue, sponsors, attraction of new investors and playing talent.

Imact = possible competition to the sky six cartel and their vested interests.

Result = make rules that are anti-competition to prevent growth

Summary = stinking corruption

We need to continue to make headlines on this. If the PL are to continue on their current path they’re going to send us into oblivion and say “look how tough we are”.

The irony of this whole facade is that PSR regulations could send us into relegation and administration despite having had an owner willing to invest into the club and the community.

The FAB letter needs to get wider traction in the football community and we all need to support it. The fan angle is an important issue as the independent regulators ideas so far are very keen on not punishing fans and not introducing sporting sanctions like points deductions

In Evertons last league winning squad I believe there were only two home grown players who started in any of the 42 games namely Gary Steven’s and Kevin Ratcliffe
When I read this I thought 'you haven't got a clue' and I was right.

1701376430570.webp

Absolute grim reading the last few pages.

The Premier League might be a lot of things. Sustainable, at least for the majority of its member clubs, certainly isn't one of them. To be sustainable, you have to accept mediocrity which eventually means relegation fights. You'll fall through the trap door eventually. If they can't get you on the pitch, they'll get you off it.

This is the entrenched model for the also-rans. Develop your talent, and sell to the top-six. If you're lucky you can bask in the giddiness of a temporary place in the top 8, and you might get the odd cup run, going all the way to a semi-final.

But the happy clappers in Singapore or Norway aren't going to care about that one bit. Let the top six play in Europe and they can play each other as well 6 times a year.
I agree, they will still come after out best players though. Most frustating system i can imagine and definitely designed to entrench sucess.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back