6 + 2 Point Deductions

Just fold the club. I’m done.

I would honestly love for that to happen.

There is absolutely zero pleasure to be gained from investing our emotions in what has become an awful, toxic club over the past decade or so.

None whatsoever.

A club which plays in the most corrupt, greedy, disgusting sporting competition in the world.

Just fold the club and put us all out of our misery.

I can’t see how that Times article has any truth in it, we have sold Gordon and Richarlison, and only spent £3m in the summer on Danjuma.
No idea myself, but remember that transfer fees are amortised over the length of the contract, so players signed in previous seasons are still on the books then. Mind you, on the flip side, when you sell players you recognise all the profit on them all at once. Gordon was 100% profit, Richarlison will have been too, but 10% went to Watford.
personally I think we’ll be fine

(and don’t forget, this is for the 22-23 monitoring period)

Long story short - The Times (🖕) reckon we're gonna have another problem with our next set of accounts due out before the end of the year.
Couple of things for me.

Firstly there’s quotes of the 22-23 accounting period. If P&S is over three years then how can you be penalised for one accounting period unless you loop in 20-21 and 21-22 which we’ve just been adjudged to have breached. That legally would be double penalty for the same charge effectively so is that written in the PL legislation or whatever? Or is this another made on the hoof rule?

Secondly I think it’s what others say, click bait bull from the client journos

Thirdly linked to the above and as some others have pointed out, there’s a clear media agenda building against the club, support the PL against the clubs appeal and double down on the narrative to sway public opinion.
Either way it’s clear that there’s a spin campaign to hammer the club going on and the question is… where does it stop? The club going into administration or worse to protect the PL brand financially and from government scrutiny?

Interesting to read reports of the Man Cuty case having a “trial date” set… for a years time??? Nice length of time to shift the goal posts to suit but also an attempt to appear “consistent” with their witch hunt against our club.

quote a couple
I would honestly love for that to happen.

There is absolutely zero pleasure to be gained from investing our emotions in what has become an awful, toxic club over the past decade or so.

None whatsoever.

A club which plays in the most corrupt, greedy, disgusting sporting competition in the world.

Just fold the club and put us all out of our misery.
Thos is pretty sad to be fair.

No disrespect @Khalekan

I can see how it gets people, but for me we have to fight and stand for something that's in our blood.

Football transfers aren't everything mate.

Wages, loan repayments, loss of revenue, agent fees, sacking managers. Plus Beto and Chermo would have appeared somewhere.

Yer definitely, but surely the outgoings are more than that.

I’m trying to convince myself that the board haven’t been THAT incompetent to mes up twice

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back