6 + 2 Point Deductions

PL said they forwarded a motion for a punishment to be set but all clubs said no..

I'm not a legal eagle but reading what Andy Burnham has written this is a big mistake as far as the PL is concerned. And on top of that they then implemented
our punishment based on a formula, not a policy. Thus influencing the independent commission with their decision. The whole punishment being updated just for Everton in August, again some months in to the Everton case that they come up with this framework. All very dodgy.

There's an awful lot wrong here it's a can of worms and we may never had unearthed it if we'd have been given a small punishment. That's without even looking
at everything else outside of Everton.

Good post. There were plenty of beneficiaries from our reckless spending. A lot of those deals we had multiple rejected bids. Swansea were spinning us around for a full fortnight with Sigurdsson. Much to Koemans ire I recall.
And of course Burnley, who are arguably the team who have hypothetically been harmed most by our overspend up to 21/22 also got 30m from us for Michael Keane. Not many clubs were concerned about our spending when they were laughing all the way to the bank.

It’s like getting jailed for assault for punching yourself in the face.

And of course Burnley, who are arguably the team who have hypothetically been harmed most by our overspend up to 21/22 also got 30m from us for Michael Keane. Not many clubs were concerned about our spending when they were laughing all the way to the bank.

It’s like getting jailed for assault for punching yourself in the face.

Never thought of it like this but it’s very true. If Burnley were so concerned about us breaching the rules then they shouldn’t have let us give them £30m for Michael Keane. They should’ve also refused to take our dirty cheating money for Dwight McNeil in the year they went down.

Never thought of it like this but it’s very true. If Burnley were so concerned about us breaching the rules then they shouldn’t have let us give them £30m for Michael Keane. They should’ve also refused to take our dirty cheating money for Dwight McNeil in the year they went down.
But they werent concerned about us breaking the rules, the Premier League indicated that there were no problems with Everton and FFP.

Which was correct at the time, we then went on a mad 1.

Id like to see a bit more transparency with emails, documents and statements.
Something clearly stinks.
Would anyone pleade guilty if they didnt know the sentence? Where we duped?
Did we freely think handing over all our info for them to scrutinise? Or did we think it was to be a mitigating factor?
A few years back my 97 year old Dad reapplied for attendance allowance. He put down all the correct information including a pension that paid him £200 a year. The dwp got in touch with him and asked him for proof of this pension. I spoke to them. They said it was just for their records. We sent proof in.
Then then sent him a bill for £5k as hed been overpaid for 30 plus years as it wasnt on their system. We had to go to court to get this wiped off. He had told them 30 years ago, and i proved it. They hadnt accounted for it.
My point being, they lied to get the info they wanted as they already knew what they wanted to do.

I heard Burnley knew the McNeil money would tip us over the limit.....

We should sue.

This is all about appeasing the grass clubs. They are glad that City is competent in defending themselves. I’m expecting it to get reduced or removed unless we are absolutely spineless and wave the white flag (which is very possible). The league made their point, we will probably give the grass clubs 3.50 and the league will lighten the sentence.

This is all about appeasing the grass clubs. They are glad that City is competent in defending themselves. I’m expecting it to get reduced or removed unless we are absolutely spineless and wave the white flag (which is very possible). The league made their point, we will probably give the grass clubs 3.50 and the league will lighten the sentence.
Maybe we could donate £3.5 million to grass roots football and promise not to do it again!