6 + 2 Point Deductions

My experience of dogmatic people making decisions is you need to give them wriggle room to change their minds.
I think the representation from the FAB may have done this using the impact on the fans to highlight the unfairness

Meanwhile in Dublin.

1702846602156.png

Even more troubling is the apparent state of mathematical competence when so many people appear to think that because Everton have taken 12 points in their last four games, the 10 point deduction has been "made up" or "wiped out".

Earth to morons: the rest of the league did not stop and go into a cryogenic chamber in the last month. They've been picking up points too - or have had the chance to. WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED OF 10 POINTS! We have 10 points less in the league table than we have earned on the football pitch.
Yeah apart from the dodgy lyrics anything that suggests the 10 points have disappeared doesn’t really help.

Same as the media narrative that it’s helped / galvanised / been a blessing in disguise.

The next step to these narratives is that because we’ve responded so well it would now be unfair to return some on appeal. Which is nonsense because an unfair punishment is an unfair punishment regardless of what happens next, but it’ll get pushed.

It’s why we have to avoid setting the tone that we’ve “overcome” the points deduction. We’ve not.

Being unhappy about it changes nothing, we ain't getting them back.
Ok. Given all the evidence which has surfaced since the deduction. Why should we “just take it”.

Your wording sounds like we should just accept the outcome without any kind of fuss or pushback just because we might be safe from relegation.

So I ask again, would any team in the same circumstance “just take” a 10 point deduction?

It's been said a few times on here but sick of hearing that we've made up for that ten point deduction with our recent form, another narrative permeating through the press, no matter what we do we have still been hit with a ten point deduction we haven't made them up now so all isn't ok until we get them back.
yea that's annoying me too, as if it's ok and in some cases we should be grateful for it

Even more troubling is the apparent state of mathematical competence when so many people appear to think that because Everton have taken 12 points in their last four games, the 10 point deduction has been "made up" or "wiped out".

Earth to morons: the rest of the league did not stop and go into a cryogenic chamber in the last month. They've been picking up points too - or have had the chance to. WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED OF 10 POINTS! We have 10 points less in the league table than we have earned on the football pitch.
I dont think it’s more troubling than homophobic slurs, but I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying. It’s nice to say eff you to the PL that we are already clear of relegation zone, but we should be competing for European places, not settling for mid table mediocrity and should not be accepting of the deduction.

My worry is that we get the points back, and instead they hit us with a transfer ban that effs us up for the next few seasons. That would be far worse given the state of the squad imo.
I'd like to say they can't re-punish you again for the same offence, but as they seem to make it up as they go - who knows
I realise I won't be saying this if we lose our next 6 and are in the bottom 3 early February.

The really interesting thing is seeing what the more neutral fans think of Everton versus the last couple of seasons

I got really sick of seeing comments saying ‘would love to see them go down’, ‘will have the best ground in the championship’ ‘turd that won’t flush’ etc. for us just having two bad seasons in a row.

Now whenever I see posts about the job Dyche is doing or how we’re overcoming being deducted points, I see 9 out of 10 neutral posts are praising us, loving our spirit and hoping we get points back so we can challenge for Europe like the team deserves.

It’s really interesting as I think the league thought they could make an example of us but not only did they underestimate evertonians, but they underestimated the average fan’s ability to call bullshit on unfair punishment.

I dont think it’s more troubling than homophobic slurs, but I agree with the sentiment of what you are saying. It’s nice to say eff you to the PL that we are already clear of relegation zone, but we should be competing for European places, not settling for mid table mediocrity and should not be accepting of the deduction.
Oh, the homophobic slurs are a disgrace. But we're dealing with morons. I kind of priced in that imbecility.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back