6 + 2 Point Deductions

Nobody would get thrown into the relegation scrap by us getting 10 points back? At worst they’d move ONE place down the table, they’d still be as far away from the teams in the relegation places as they are now.

The further away from the bottom 3 we get the more sense it makes to give us the points back. I don’t know how some people’s’ brains work to come to the opposite conclusion.
At most, 1 team would be within their rights to kick off. If at that time we were in relegation zone and it put a different team into it. Or, if it put us into European places which meant another team was put out of them.

Either way, it’s only 1 team that has real argument. Others would have a claim in regards to finishing position money but that’s a million or so per team depending on how many places it moved us up.

Let themselves down sticking the homophobic Chelsea slur in it.
Even more troubling is the apparent state of mathematical competence when so many people appear to think that because Everton have taken 12 points in their last four games, the 10 point deduction has been "made up" or "wiped out".

Earth to morons: the rest of the league did not stop and go into a cryogenic chamber in the last month. They've been picking up points too - or have had the chance to. WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED OF 10 POINTS! We have 10 points less in the league table than we have earned on the football pitch.

At most, 1 team would be within their rights to kick off. If at that time we were in relegation zone and it put a different team into it. Or, if it put us into European places which meant another team was put out of them.

Either way, it’s only 1 team that has real argument. Others would have a claim in regards to finishing position money but that’s a million or so per team depending on how many places it moved us up.

Exactly this. If we were in Luton’s position would it make more sense to give us them back then? That’s basically what people are arguing and it makes no sense. It’s just doom at all costs mentality once again. People will twist and contort logic whichever way they need to in order to put us in the worst possible position. It’s very boring.

If we get points back, regardless of what that does to the table, nobody can have any complaints. It's a 38 game season, the same as any other. You get where you get because of the points you accrue, or you don't It really is that simple.

Never has the old adage "football is a simple game, made complicated by idiots" been more true.

Exactly this. If we were in Luton’s position would it make more sense to give us them back then? That’s basically what people are arguing and it makes no sense. It’s just doom at all costs mentality once again. People will twist and contort logic whichever way they need to in order to put us in the worst possible position. It’s very boring.
I find it amusing that people think public sentiment will contribute significantly to the result of the appeal or where we are in the table at the date of the hearing. It will be solely about the strength of the argument we can make. Personally I don’t think we are getting any points back

Even more troubling is the apparent state of mathematical competence when so many people appear to think that because Everton have taken 12 points in their last four games, the 10 point deduction has been "made up" or "wiped out".

Earth to morons: the rest of the league did not stop and go into a cryogenic chamber in the last month. They've been picking up points too - or have had the chance to. WE HAVE BEEN ROBBED OF 10 POINTS! We have 10 points less in the league table than we have earned on the football pitch.
Very true but under Dyche before this run we generally average a little over a point a game which would have seen us in a relegation battle till the end of the season. To pick up 12 points out of 15 in such a short period of time with the games coming thick and fast is huge

My worry is that we get the points back, and instead they hit us with a transfer ban that effs us up for the next few seasons. That would be far worse given the state of the squad imo.

I realise I won't be saying this if we lose our next 6 and are in the bottom 3 early February.

If they hit us with something completely different like a transfer ban, then we appeal that too. Remember, the appeal is to get 10 points reinstated, nothing more and nothing less.

We had 1 issue and none of us would have batted an eyelid if the rules state

3 point deduction for failing to comply with P&S
Suspended 3 or 5 point deduction for 2 seasons
1 transfer window ban
5m fine

The fact they went balls deep instantly and have made themselves look like a gang of incompetent morons who need regulating themselves means we shouldn't accept anything from then other than 10 points returned and a fine or suspended points deduction. They can swivel with a transfer ban, its too late now for them to be able to move the goalposts.

Premier League, Corrupt as fcuk

If we get more than 2 points back I will genuinely be surprised.

The PL will double down because,

1) they don't want to back down and appear weak.

2) we don't need the points to stay up and will likely just take it.

If we get more than 2 points back I will genuinely be surprised.

The PL will double down because,

1) they don't want to back down and appear weak.

2) we don't need the points to stay up and will likely just take it.
Why should we?

Would any team in the league regardless of the position they’re in be happy if you took 10 points off their final league position?

I'm starting to think if we perform any better before the decision is made we may get less points back
It's one thing not affecting the league's minnows but if we would be sniffing around European spots the real PL might not like it

Though I'm loving the fact every win is a middle finger to the lot of em

I still think we get 3-5 points back

5-7 points is still a stern punishment but it gives the PL some flexibility when dealing with City and Chelsea because if people can say they are too lenient they can point to us getting some points back and say that proves that the system works

It’s a proper thing that now isn’t it. Walking out when the opposition scores a third is unacceptable, you should stay and suffer. Although it’s understandable. But the streets outside the stadiums, particularly in London, are full of home fans celebrating and scarf waving after 82 minutes when they have the game sewn up. Obviously they collect their billions of £ either way, but the players must think “Oh cheers. Your welcome.” High fiving each other in an echo-chamber. Rushing home from a game you are physically at to beat the traffic home and watch the highlights. Good times.
Went to the athletics world championships in 2017 and it's one of the worst venues I've gone to for getting in and out of the ground. Even worse than Wembley.

Pretty good venue for athletics but can imagine it would be awful for football. Architecturally I think it's fine too. Such a shame a major athletics nation like the UK doesn't have a half decent stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back