6 + 2 Point Deductions

We were an easy target so they made up a random points penalty to “show” the government they can regulate their own business. The reality is the points penalty shouldn’t even stand simply because the rules were changing constantly during the process and nothing was set in stone. There was no set penalty at the time of the offense.

I’m not confident in our legal team to bring up a compelling argument though and as @Goat said before we were dumb enough to incriminate ourselves. The league knows we are spineless and will hide behind the “independent panel”

We were an easy target so they made up a random points penalty to “show” the government they can regulate their own business. The reality is the points penalty shouldn’t even stand simply because the rules were changing constantly during the process and nothing was set in stone. There was no set penalty at the time of the offense.

I’m not confident in our legal team to bring up a compelling argument though and as @Goat said before we were dumb enough to incriminate ourselves. The league knows we are spineless and will hide behind the “independent panel”
Agree.

Let me also add that Moshiri is probably so used to dealing with mobsters that he thought he could meme the charges away like Papa Usi and every other corrupt billionaire in Russia. He doesn’t have that power here and he is a moron for thinking he could get away with it.

I'm not sure there needs to be a set penalty. The options for the commission are set out in the premier league rules; fair enough, they allow the commission to do pretty much anything, but I guess the rules can be broken in an infinite number of ways.

The problem here was that the commission is meant to be independent, and the premier league waltzed in pretending there was a set formula while leaking to whoever would listen stories of how big the punishment was going to be. It's hard to see how that wouldn't have an effect on the eventual punishment handed out.

No, I think that was morally corrupt.

But according to the rules that The Premier League follow, there was no legal reason to decline the Newcastle takeover.
Again that doesn't make it right.

Just a guess like , that was pressure from the government over Saudi Oil.
Again politics, money & greed can make decisions like this.
That is indeed corruption.

BTW
I agree they are grossly incompetent too.

And let's not go into the the 22mil " sanction " the Snakes were give for almost finishing English football.
There really is no other way of dressing it up as anything other than corruption.

I'm not sure there needs to be a set penalty. The options for the commission are set out in the premier league rules; fair enough, they allow the commission to do pretty much anything, but I guess the rules can be broken in an infinite number of ways.

The problem here was that the commission is meant to be independent, and the premier league waltzed in pretending there was a set formula while leaking to whoever would listen stories of how big the punishment was going to be. It's hard to see how that wouldn't have an effect on the eventual punishment handed out.
There certainly needs to be something coherent to ensure that the penalty handed out isn’t abusive or overextending. I agree about the leaking thing though. That should be thoroughly examined and used as an argument in our case as the penalty handed out was very close to that number and could have theoretically influenced the panel.

Again that doesn't make it right.

Just a guess like , that was pressure from the government over Saudi Oil.
Again politics, money & greed can make decisions like this.
That is indeed corruption.

BTW
I agree they are grossly incompetent too.

And let's not go into the the 22mil " sanction " the Snakes were give for almost finishing English football.
There really is no other way of dressing it up as anything other than corruption.
Im not gonna sit here and say that there isnt corruption in football, that would be pretty silly.

I dont think every decision they make is corrupt tho, I think the vast majority are down to incompetence.

More so the VAR decisions.

Im not gonna sit here and say that there isnt corruption in football, that would be pretty silly.

I dont think every decision they make is corrupt tho, I think the vast majority are down to incompetence.

More so the VAR decisions.
Not what you said tho bruh
Screenshot_20231218_182207_Chrome.webp

Y
Very true but under Dyche before this run we generally average a little over a point a game which would have seen us in a relegation battle till the end of the season. To pick up 12 points out of 15 in such a short period of time with the games coming thick and fast is huge
Before this run we had taken 13 points out of the previous 7 games. We were clearly already on a good run.

The prem wanted us to get a 12 point penalty remember, so beat the drop by 13+ points and not one of those whingeing, deformed, inbred mutants will have a leg to stand on complaining about us. Take their punishment, roll it up tight then insert it back up them like the biggest ‘F*** You‘ suppository of all time. Plus win the carabao cup and qualify for Europe next season. ;)
Amen to that, Brother.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back