6 + 2 Point Deductions

Oh right, then lets close down the forum.

Cos nobody knows anything.

I always assumed a forum was a place in which people expressed views.

But I guess we can only talk about things we KNOW.

Be right back, just deleting my entire 15 year posting history, the concept of a forum has all been a lie.
Not the best leaving post in GOT history, not the worst.

They wanted to relegate us and it hasn’t worked. Transfer bans etc. won’t bother us because with Dyche at the helm we’ll just keep our players and bring some kids through and will still finish mid table.

my next bet is they give us some of the points back (but not all) and try and hit us instead with a big enough fine to send us into administration.
Why do you think they have it out for us so bad? Do you think they hate us so much that for a slight breach of P&S they want to either punish us enough to relegate us or push us into administration...
If there is a conspiracy that I'd be more inclined to believe it would be they hit us hard so they can utterly destroy City and Chelsea who've made complete mugs of the PL with regard to financial rules..
What I actually believe is they went hard on us to prove to the government that they can punish clubs so there's no need for outside regulation, this has spectacularly backfired on them and are more likely to be regulated now because of their treatment of us.

100% the only Club who's being hard done by is the Mighty Blues. UTFT
The prem wanted us to get a 12 point penalty remember, so beat the drop by 13+ points and not one of those whingeing, deformed, inbred mutants will have a leg to stand on complaining about us. Take their punishment, roll it up tight then insert it back up them like the biggest ‘F*** You‘ suppository of all time. Plus win the carabao cup and qualify for Europe next season. ;)

Why do you think they have it out for us so bad? Do you think they hate us so much that for a slight breach of P&S they want to either punish us enough to relegate us or push us into administration...
If there is a conspiracy that I'd be more inclined to believe it would be they hit us hard so they can utterly destroy City and Chelsea who've made complete mugs of the PL with regard to financial rules..
What I actually believe is they went hard on us to prove to the government that they can punish clubs so there's no need for outside regulation, this has spectacularly backfired on them and are more likely to be regulated now because of their treatment of us.
I dont think the Premier League is corrupt, I think its incompetent.

I dont think the Premier League is corrupt, I think its incompetent.
Incompetent enough to think that going way overboard on a punishment would get the government off their backs.. in reality a 4/5 point deduction suspended for 2 years pending further breaches would have been accepted by all parties.

We broke the rules, we got punished, people acting like they made it all up is a bit weird.

Did you by any chance take on board anything that Andy Burnham said? In his two letters and responses?

I doubt it very much.

They absolutely did make it up as they went along. Hence the reference to what Andy Burnham wrote.

I would also suggest that the PL have definitely taken it upon themselves not only to make an example of Everton, also to show the government that they can deal with stuff and don't need an independent regulator. Perversely, by picking on Everton for an easy life with a relatively straight forward (so it seemed) case, knowing they have far harder cases to deal with, they have made things worse for themselves. The government (DCMS) have taken note. Let's not forget Everton cooperated, they said how high and we jumped.

Did you by any chance take on board anything that Andy Burnham said? In his two letters and responses?

I doubt it very much.

They absolutely did make it up as they went along. Hence the reference to what Andy Burnham wrote.

I would also suggest that the PL have definitely taken it upon themselves not only to make an example of Everton, also to show the government that they can deal with stuff and don't need an independent regulator. Perversely, by picking on Everton for an easy life with a relatively straight forward (so it seemed) case, knowing they have far harder cases to deal with, they have made things worse for themselves. The government (DCMS) have taken note. Let's not forget Everton cooperated, they said how high and we jumped.
This relates to the punishment.

A punishment that I have stated countless times that is excessive and is not warranted for the "crime" we committed.

The punishment is excessive.

When I said they didnt make it all up, I meant in relation to the charge, without us breaching the rules, the Premier League would not have been able to punish us.

So yes, I did read Andy Burnhams letters, yes I do protest at the disgusting punishment we were given for what amounts to a meagre accounting error.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back