6 + 2 Point Deductions

By doing something like this, it would prove their self-governance to be incompetent and completely irrational.

You don’t prove good governance by making your league a laughing stock, very publicly bullying a whipping boy, and throw around ridiculous charges and rulings like it’s a banana republic.

Everyone is also acutely aware that actual countries own football clubs now and that the current champions have literally, inarguably bought their success over a sustained period of time, and that they’re lawyers are currently obfuscating due process.

The initial 10 point deduction was met with ridicule in the national media. Any additional investigations and punishment would shine a much brighter spotlight on the Premier League’s conduct, which would be massively self-defeating.
met with ridicule etc but they’ve rode it out i think theyl do the same again

We've only got 2 or 3 premier league standard players. The rest will stay with Everton and struggle in the Championship.
Pickford, Branthwaite, Myco, Tarks, Garner, Onana, McNeil, Duke, DCL.

They would all get picked up by Prem clubs. Some closer to the bottom of the league admittedly, but Prem clubs none the less.

There's no way we will have two points deductions applied in one season especially when they relate to breaches over different measuring periods. That won't happen.

The Bournemouth manager had it right when they asked him about it a few months ago. He said if they want to deduct points, it has to be done before the season starts. Simple as that.

Here we are in May, with one appeal pending and now a new charge to be dropped on us, and the PL themselves have said the appeal for that won’t be heard until 5 days after the season ends. It’s absurd.

Rolling three years

Doesn't entirely make sense to me as surely charges are either 'losses in a financial year' or 'losses over 3 consecutive seasons'

Whilst they're at it could they not just charge us for two consecutive seasons too?
This lawyer has to be pointing out that there is a decent chance of having to punish any club that breaches multiple times alongside the punishment being made up as they went along

Nope. The reason they brought forward the reporting date was so that it would all be sorted out in the same season (actually just after the season in June, because they're bellends but you get the gist).
I'm not entirely sure why it has to be the season after. It says in the handbook that this is in the interests of other clubs, but I'm not sure there's a clear reason for that.