6 + 2 Point Deductions

What I don’t get with Forest’s situation, is that you are only half way through your second season in the PL. But the P&S rules (which I thought were a PL thing), are for a rolling 3 season window. Are your 20/21 and 21/22 seasons accounts in the EFL treated as if you were in the PL?

We were allowed to lose 2x£13m in the 2 Championship seasons, then £35m in the PL season. So £61m total, versus £105m for constant Prem teams. This effectively forces clubs to make do with mainly Championship players in their first season back.

Sure i read somewhere last week that because Forest had obviously not been in the prem league 3 years for this cycle thing of been allowed to lose 105 mil, that they had a new amount given as something like 69mil

Seemed a bit mad to cull everyone at once including CFO. But these are financial regs. CFO has had a mare here. The fact he went too probably indicates this was coming around again.

But why would the PL collude to have lowly Everton relegated? What’s in it for them?
Because there is the pressure from government to regulate football more effectively, and the government is pushing to introduce an independent regulator, believing (rightly) that they can’t manage themselves. A popular theory, that I’m inclined to agree with, is that Everton are an easy target to clobber with heavy sanctions to show they can regulate themselves effectively. We’re big enough to matter, but not big enough to trouble the top 6 cartel.

We were allowed to lose 2x£13m in the 2 Championship seasons, then £35m in the PL season. So £61m total, versus £105m for constant Prem teams. This effectively forces clubs to make do with mainly Championship players in their first season back.
How dare you enter our shiny pretty PL with all your loan players. Be gone!!!

Clubs were insane to vote into this nonsense. The top teams it won’t hinder too much will have said “aye”, and the rest just bottled it and meekly agreed.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back