6 + 2 Point Deductions

Havent forest been done for spending none stop on players, where as we have been done for ground stuff etc. Not sure if i am right, but though obviously we have both been found guilty, should theirs not be worst in a way
We’ve been done for spending non stop on players. Don’t let the other stuff cloud the truth. It’s just catching up to us now.

to show an example to everyone else

do you work for then mate?

What example?!

Have they not already done that with our existing 10 point deduction?

Does their ‘example’ not apply to the other clubs currently under investigation? When do draconian and publicly disputed ‘examples’ start raising questions about the PL’s ability to self-govern?

Havent forest been done for spending none stop on players, where as we have been done for ground stuff etc. Not sure if i am right, but though obviously we have both been found guilty, should theirs not be worst in a way
There was a small amount around that, which I personally think has been used to get the fans looking outwards. If a dispute over a 20m interest payment puts you 20m over, you're already in a bad position and I'd be surprised if that's the issue now

As I’ve said in another post, this is a nonsensical explanation.

This would be the fastest way for the Premier League to prove that they aren’t capable of good governance. Governance isn’t about clobbering people, it’s about rational, fair and reasonable administration. This isn’t that.

The government, particularly in an election year, wouldn’t be impressed if the Premier League literally bullied one of the countries most famous and established sporting institutions in to administration, particularly with the knock-on effect Everton’s demise would have on connected businesses.
I think you’re thinking in a logical way about an illogical organisation. The Premier League under Masters has been shambolic. They are desperate to avoid independent regulation- it was part of the driving force to set up the PL in the first place. Their awful efforts at managing their own financial regulation was supposed to show they could keep their own house in order. It’s actually given more weight to the argument that they can’t.

This is firmly on Evertonians.

Remember when Everton were splurging money on crap players and those of us questioning the wisdom of this were shouted down “why you arsed it’s not your money”. All those crying about the glass ceiling when Everton were finishing sixth every season so they cried Moyes out and attracted a Moshiri monster.

Drink your medicine, you just got Everton relegated and possibly bankrupted.

May Everton be punished hard to try and restore some integrity back into the game.

to show an example to everyone else

do you work for then mate?
im kinda with him.
I think the PL are more incompetent than corrupt.
I'm not sure they specifically want to see the back of us but we are sitting ducks when it comes to the PL enforcing punishments.
It's no coincidence that all this has come to a head when there is no club hierarchy in place.
City and Chelsea have been very good at bending the rules and delaying punishment. We havent.

As I’ve said in another post, this is a nonsensical explanation.

This would be the fastest way for the Premier League to prove that they aren’t capable of good governance. Governance isn’t about clobbering people, it’s about rational, fair and reasonable administration. This isn’t that.

The government, particularly in an election year, wouldn’t be impressed if the Premier League literally bullied one of the countries most famous and established sporting institutions in to administration, particularly with the knock-on effect Everton’s demise would have on connected businesses.
the tory government couldn’t give a flying one about anything from liverpool mate , yous be mad to think that they would

I think you’re thinking in a logical way about an illogical organisation. The Premier League under Masters has been shambolic. They are desperate to avoid independent regulation- it was part of the driving force to set up the PL in the first place. Their awful efforts at managing their own financial regulation was supposed to show they could keep their own house in order. It’s actually given more weight to the argument that they can’t.

Again, that can’t be the basis for further charges and punishment. The PL, and their rulings, are subject to UK law and the lawyers prosecuting and defending these cases will advise them if their actions won’t stand up to legal scrutiny. The PL behaving irrationally/illogically in the eyes of the law would be counterproductive to their desire for continued self governance.

We lost 76 in 20 21, then 44 millions the season before last...so we have to turn a profit last season to be under 105 millions loses.
The 2 COVID years will be averaged, the actual losses for 20/21 was £120m and the loss in 21/22 was £44m, these are not the PSR losses these are the total losses to the whole business. All we know is that we were over PSR by c£20m up to and including 21/22, we just need to be better than the year that dropped off which I would have thought we were.... but again it is guess work.

Then add in to the mix any adjustment which may come from the appeal.... it`s hard to know where we are.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back