6 + 2 Point Deductions

So sometimes somebody is sent to prison for a crime they didn’t commit
Then they’re found innocent at a hearing at a later date and released and compensated for being incorrectly detained
Is it true we have lived in a prison of lies and uncertainty through no fault of our own?
Absolutely
Should we be compensated on top of receiving all our points back?
Definitely
What is a fair reward?
Mbappe on a ten year contract
Yes, so based in the Post Office and other gross miscarriages of justice, we should get our points back (or Mbappe) in about 30 years. I'd say I can't wait, but I'll undoubtedly be 6 feet under by that time.

Does anyone know what impact the Forest charge has on our appeal and how it complicates the points deduction?

If you don’t know maybe thoughts on how the PL intend to deal with it. I’m probably being a bit thick and haven’t worked it out for myself yet.

All I know is

We were building a stadium

We have worked hand in hand with the Premier League for years

Interest charges for stadium costs were allowed and then suddenly not allowed after which we had taken on the debt already. After we were told it would be ok

We have had one of the lowest net spends in last 3 years

Ukraine war shot up all costs of construction a crazy amount

We had to sell year on year our best players

We had our most valuable player commit an offense, which is very rare and had to basically write off the asset

We have had steady improvement in all our accounts year on year and have acted more sustainably while trying to fend off relegation three years running.

And for forest? Well they spent a ludicrous ton of money in one window

Does anyone know what impact the Forest charge has on our appeal and how it complicates the points deduction?

If you don’t know maybe thoughts on how the PL intend to deal with it. I’m probably being a bit thick and haven’t worked it out for myself yet.

A
It’s far too early to try and read across from one IC and its findings and indeed sanctions to what on paper seems the exact same charge heard by another IC.
For one each IC will be made up of different individuals then you have to look at the extent of the failure, the point at which the guilt charge, if it ever was, admitted. That’s even before you factor in mitigating circumstances and even then two ICs will almost certainly view them differently.
All that is evidenced by the fact that time after time an IC dealing with an appeal will hand down a different sanction to the one awarded at the initial hearing.
If what we have read is correct Forest have admitted their charge meaning the IC will only be interested in the sanction whereas the second Everton charge for obvious reasons can’t be considered to have been admitted by Everton .
There is absolutely no doubt that the PL board have mis read the room in terms of sanction’s for failing to meet FFP I somehow doubt that the bulk of clubs will be happy with points deductions some because it could ultimately mean missing out of the golden UEFA money others because it puts their very PL existence in question.
As I have said on numerous occasions the old measure of £105 million is flawed but once the mean measure, namely a % of squad costs is introduced then that for clubs that generate the bulk of their income from broadcast we will find it almost possible to stay compliant and compete

So sometimes somebody is sent to prison for a crime they didn’t commit
Then they’re found innocent at a hearing at a later date and released and compensated for being incorrectly detained
Is it true we have lived in a prison of lies and uncertainty through no fault of our own?
Absolutely
Should we be compensated on top of receiving all our points back?
Definitely
What is a fair reward?
Mbappe on a ten year contract
We could turn him to prime Angell/Stracq/Maupay in ten minutes mate😉🤣🤣🤣

It’s far too early to try and read across from one IC and its findings and indeed sanctions to what on paper seems the exact same charge heard by another IC.
For one each IC will be made up of different individuals then you have to look at the extent of the failure, the point at which the guilt charge, if it ever was, admitted. That’s even before you factor in mitigating circumstances and even then two ICs will almost certainly view them differently.
All that is evidenced by the fact that time after time an IC dealing with an appeal will hand down a different sanction to the one awarded at the initial hearing.
If what we have read is correct Forest have admitted their charge meaning the IC will only be interested in the sanction whereas the second Everton charge for obvious reasons can’t be considered to have been admitted by Everton .
There is absolutely no doubt that the PL board have mis read the room in terms of sanction’s for failing to meet FFP I somehow doubt that the bulk of clubs will be happy with points deductions some because it could ultimately mean missing out of the golden UEFA money others because it puts their very PL existence in question.
As I have said on numerous occasions the old measure of £105 million is flawed but once the mean measure, namely a % of squad costs is introduced then that for clubs that generate the bulk of their income from broadcast we will find it almost possible to stay compliant and compete
Thank you, that makes sense. I was simplifying it in my own head, thinking that if they reduced ours to say 6 points then they would have to give Forest the same, thus improving our chances of staying up. I was also thinking that the league would want to avoid another appeal given timing. This makes more sense to me

Attachments

• 1708115937192.png
    1708115937192.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 7

Article on i from 14th which says club sources played down suggestions the verdict would be this week and expect the announcement will be made in the "middle" of next week... whenever that means.
I really hope that the Luton fans find some way to cope with the uncertainty over the next few days. Bless them.