6 + 2 Point Deductions

From the BBC:

How on earth is that an appropriate response to another points deduction?

That's just someone keeping lines open to the MSM to be used as their 'sane voice of the fans'.

He did us no favours there yesterday.
It what seems to happen to any fan that gets on television. All that anger and frustration they have been raving about on their channels or podcasts evaporates. They suddenly tone everything down and try to look at it from both sides and be "reasonable".
They are so desperate to not be seen as going over the top or being too emotional. It does the fanbase no favors as a whole when "prominent voices" dial back their criticism so they can continue to get asked to go on BBC.
More concerned about stroking their own egos.

I think they're waiting to change the rules so they can just fine them tbh.

Ridiculously I believe it should be they've been charged under these rules so same punishments if found guilty should count. However we all know it won't be like that
Thats what i am confused at if they are currently being investigated should be under the current rules. Same with chelsea just because case is taking ages is no reason why they should not get the same punishment. But still expect us or leiceater to be the last club to get a points deduction, you kno they will just get fines

It what seems to happen to any fan that gets on television. All that anger and frustration they have been raving about on their channels or podcasts evaporates. They suddenly tone everything down and try to look at it from both sides and be "reasonable".
They are so desperate to not be seen as going over the top or being too emotional. It does the fanbase no favors as a whole when "prominent voices" dial back their criticism so they can continue to get asked to go on BBC.
More concerned about stroking their own egos.
Spot on mate. Its all down to cash and plugging IMO.

PED and the other feller have been ok with their reaction to headlockgate and the general struggle against the board, but they cant turn that off and they continue to plough that line when the real enemy now is outside the club.

They have that anti-club line they push on Toffee TV - and it's all commercial for them. IMO. 🤷‍♂️

anything new?
Unlikely to be anything really significant for a while other than people talking. If we appeal it’s likely to be weeks away, this extra hearing about interest we don’t really know but sounds like it’s not happening soon.

The only significant news we might hear about in the meantime is if there’s a bit of negotiation and we agree not to appeal in exchange for the PL not pursuing the interest situation. I’m not sure how likely that is though.

Unlikely to be anything really significant for a while other than people talking. If we appeal it’s likely to be weeks away, this extra hearing about interest we don’t really know but sounds like it’s not happening soon.

The only significant news we might hear about in the meantime is if there’s a bit of negotiation and we agree not to appeal in exchange for the PL not pursuing the interest situation. I’m not sure how likely that is though.
Think Id rather appeal and get the 2 points back now and take 2 points off next season if the interest one happens

The additional haring into interest is just another sword to hang above uy to ensure we don't go and sue them now.

Look no further as to why city won’t get touched, independent regulation or not.
Especially since the UK government has been chasing UAE defence contracts for decades.

I think there is more to that interest decoupling hearing thing then meets the eye, i see that dying a death. I wouldn't be surprised if political pressure has been brought to bare here.

PL been told not to put into jeopardy a regenerational community infrastructure project in an area in need of regeneration, creating jobs, industry and commerce etc in the process paid for by private equity.

The whole thing strikes me as weird - i dont see the need for more time - what's that for? Surely its either allowable or not.

Its bad optics for the PL also, to put the project in jepordy or be seen to be hammering it.

PL taking a leaf out of City's book and kicking the can down the road, based on pressure and optics.

Last edited: