777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into work this morning on NPR in the US the BBC economic news had a feature on Everton being sold to 777 Partners and why were an attractive proposition despite poor financial results, poor on-pitch performances and low morale. The gst of it was that we are so badly run and so under-performing that we have great potential - oh and BMD!
Still it woke me from my early morning snooze/commute!

Most US buyers see the league/club's as having great potential.

But only if there's changes by the league in terms of letting the clubs have more control TV revenues, games, etc

Bohely etc all see a huge cash cow that's not been fully milked. But there's changes needed to achieve that.

My memory is that the sale to Moshiri happened very quickly and unexpectedly.... we were all looking at an American buyer at the time.

Regarding a mysterious Asian buyer supposedly lurking in the background.... waiting for what ?... until the sale to 777 is completed ?
If there are other interested parties they will have made their interest known by now.

The club will be very attractive for lots of reasons.

We are still a premiership club.
We have an iconic new ground already well into construction.
There is a large and loyal fanbase and the cub would have an overseas profile that although not huge could easily be expanded.
The cost of buying the club will be relatively low as premiership clubs go given our current state. The big clubs are selling for several billion and investors will be looking at potential capital gain.
A lot of the mess regarding expensive playing staff has now been sorted and it is even possible Andre Gomes may leave today.

Our team is not spectacular, albeit we do seem to have a few gold nuggets in there but as a long term investment we are worth looking at.

Our team is not spectacular, albeit we do seem to have a few gold nuggets in there but as a long term investment we are worth looking at.
I think this is true.

I also don't think I'm being overly optimistic about that, because I'm definitely pessimistic about the 777 rumours. Specifically, I see a lot of supporters convincing themselves they aren't going to complete a takeover for one technical reason or another - but I find myself unable to buy into that hope at present. Moshiri wants to cut and run, and he'll care about nothing other than the bottom line. He won't care what the new owner's plans are for the club. I can absolutely see him selling us out to a pack of vultures.

We've just got to hope that we are indeed attractive enough for another buyer to step in while there's still time.

My memory is that the sale to Moshiri happened very quickly and unexpectedly.... we were all looking at an American buyer at the time.

Regarding a mysterious Asian buyer supposedly lurking in the background.... waiting for what ?... until the sale to 777 is completed ?
If there are other interested parties they will have made their interest known by now.

There is a large and loyal fanbase and the cub would have an overseas profile that although not huge could easily be expanded.
The cost of buying the club will be relatively low as premiership clubs go given our current state. The big clubs are selling for several billion and investors will be looking at potential capital gain.
A lot of the mess regarding expensive playing staff has now been sorted and it is even possible Andre Gomes may leave today.

I think people underestimate the value of investing in Everton and often forget about the pile of assets you'd be acquiring, in particular the value of the work already done on the ground. Say it costs 1bn to buy the club off Moshiri, finish the stadium, and wipe out a good chunk of the debt. What you get at the end of that is-

A state of the art stadium built at a total cost of 750m. That's the bulk of your total investment in one asset. It's incredibly hard for a club to build such a massive project and you are getting in when all the really hard work is done.
A Premier League share (hopefully).
A playing squad that while depleted still has significant value
A quality training facility and an academy that has yielded significant profit in recent years
Goodison and the land associated
A globally recognised brand in the biggest league in the world, a large and loyal customer base and all the other intangibles that go with it.

We all know the issues with Everton at this moment in time but as an investment it seems to me that you get quite a lot for your money.

I agree with another poster better to stay with devil we know than take on this suspicious 777 bunch.

In fact we are atm a disaster of a club. It will take some time to climb out of this mess.

I think people underestimate the value of investing in Everton and often forget about the pile of assets you'd be acquiring, in particular the value of the work already done on the ground. Say it costs 1bn to buy the club off Moshiri, finish the stadium, and wipe out a good chunk of the debt. What you get at the end of that is-

A state of the art stadium built at a total cost of 750m. That's the bulk of your total investment in one asset. It's incredibly hard for a club to build such a massive project and you are getting in when all the really hard work is done.
A quality training facility and an academy that has yielded significant profit in recent years
A globally recognised brand in the biggest league in the world, a large and loyal customer base and all the other intangibles that go with it.

We all know the issues with Everton at this moment in time but as an investment it seems to me that you get quite a lot for your money.
I think theres a possibility that Moshiri also knows this, and selling a chunk of ownership in the short term is a way of refinancing while staying involved, and if/when things settle down with Russia, allows Usmanov to step back in.

He doesnt seem like the sort if character to be told no and take it. I wouldnt mind betting that at the 1st legal opportunity, he is back involved, especially with our shiny new stadium and waterfront development.

Moshiri seling half of his shares currently gives him the opportunity to bring some of the money he has invested back in based on selling shares that didnt exist when he initially bought in, and halves the burden of investment, potentially bringing additional knowhow to board, and in turn helps with financing the stadium in the later phases of the project. The potential future value of that is key to everything, and so long as the club remains in the PL, it will be worth so much more, he must know that it would be foolish to sell now at a loss.

That is why I don't get why other parties are not interested or at least we are not aware of any. Yes we are in a mess right now but in the longer term it could prove to be a very good investment

Money will only go up if the club stays in the prem with maybe new tv rights apple maybe.will be alot of money to put in at first just hope we can get new people in who will be happy give time and grow the club to what it was nsno

I think theres a possibility that Moshiri also knows this, and selling a chunk of ownership in the short term is a way of refinancing while staying involved, and if/when things settle down with Russia, allows Usmanov to step back in.

He doesnt seem like the sort if character to be told no and take it. I wouldnt mind betting that at the 1st legal opportunity, he is back involved, especially with our shiny new stadium and waterfront development.

Moshiri seling half of his shares currently gives him the opportunity to bring some of the money he has invested back in based on selling shares that didnt exist when he initially bought in, and halves the burden of investment, potentially bringing additional knowhow to board, and in turn helps with financing the stadium in the later phases of the project. The potential future value of that is key to everything, and so long as the club remains in the PL, it will be worth so much more, he must know that it would be foolish to sell now at a loss.
I definitely think Moshiri would prefer to give away as little equity as possible to get him over the current hump. The big issue is why would anyone credible want to be co-owners in a business with Moshiri given his close association with Usmanov. If a smoking gun were ever found linking him formally to Usmanov your whole investment is at risk.

I suspect this is why any attempt at selling part equity has got nowhere, but I'm surprised there isn't more of a queue for a full takeover.

According to the esk the price Moshiri wants is 1.1 billion and that’s why we ain’t selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back