777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well mine is - they won’t pass

black-knight.gif

I think theres a possibility that Moshiri also knows this, and selling a chunk of ownership in the short term is a way of refinancing while staying involved, and if/when things settle down with Russia, allows Usmanov to step back in.

He doesnt seem like the sort if character to be told no and take it. I wouldnt mind betting that at the 1st legal opportunity, he is back involved, especially with our shiny new stadium and waterfront development.

Moshiri seling half of his shares currently gives him the opportunity to bring some of the money he has invested back in based on selling shares that didnt exist when he initially bought in, and halves the burden of investment, potentially bringing additional knowhow to board, and in turn helps with financing the stadium in the later phases of the project. The potential future value of that is key to everything, and so long as the club remains in the PL, it will be worth so much more, he must know that it would be foolish to sell now at a loss.
Usmanov is never getting back in mate. They'll never forgive and forget with Russia in our lifetimes.

I think Mosh is going to have to sell ASAP and wrap it up quickly because when we look dead certs for relegation, he isn't getting big money for us! New stadium or not.

I can see a sale going through fast when it happens.

There are two reasons to buy a PL football club, profit - and I think you will agree that nobody is turning a profit on us in the immediate short term but maybe over a 10 year period hence the American interest - and prestige as a projection of soft power - why would you buy us for that reason when we are expensive and rubbish, there are safer bets out there?

We'll end up with 777 or somebody like that, imo.

Not sure profit is the right word. I think the words are "cash generating cow" rather than profit.

The person buying us will load that cost onto the club and with the huge revenues mainly generated by the tv contracts, use that to pay down that debt each year. Extract money each year in dividends/interest from monies loaned to the club. You then increase your revenues by sponsorships (stadium, kit sales) and this helps with heritage and winning trophies. Having a bigger stadium increases your gate receipts plus having a multi use stadium increases revenue available to the club outside of match days.

All of the above is the way the Glaziers have operated. Man Utd are a huge cash generator but they can service their debt. When was the last time they made a profit, yet their revenues seem to keep on going up.

You fall through the PL trap door and suddenly the money you had coming through the door drys up and you can't pay back the loan you used to initially buy the club. The debt is fine as long as you can service it.

I agree though, it will be 777 or something/someone similar of that ilk who can raise that initial cash to pay out Moshi (and his paymaster) and the other shareholders. Where that money comes from is the concern and how that is raised?

Not sure profit is the right word. I think the words are "cash generating cow" rather than profit.

The person buying us will load that cost onto the club and with the huge revenues mainly generated by the tv contracts, use that to pay down that debt each year. Extract money each year in dividends/interest from monies loaned to the club. You then increase your revenues by sponsorships (stadium, kit sales) and this helps with heritage and winning trophies. Having a bigger stadium increases your gate receipts plus having a multi use stadium increases revenue available to the club outside of match days.

All of the above is the way the Glaziers have operated. Man Utd are a huge cash generator but they can service their debt. When was the last time they made a profit, yet their revenues seem to keep on going up.

You fall through the PL trap door and suddenly the money you had coming through the door drys up and you can't pay back the loan you used to initially buy the club. The debt is fine as long as you can service it.

I agree though, it will be 777 or something/someone similar of that ilk who can raise that initial cash to pay out Moshi (and his paymaster) and the other shareholders. Where that money comes from is the concern and how that is raised?
He will be absolutely stuffed if we are relegated this season and that is the wildcard within your takeover scenario.

He will be absolutely stuffed if we are relegated this season and that is the wildcard within your takeover scenario.
Yes I know. read on. I go on to say.

The likely hood of Man utd being relegated are slim whereas we have been skirting with relegation for a few years now.

You a gambling man? It seems a lot of premier league owners are just that.

My memory is that the sale to Moshiri happened very quickly and unexpectedly.... we were all looking at an American buyer at the time.

Regarding a mysterious Asian buyer supposedly lurking in the background.... waiting for what ?... until the sale to 777 is completed ?
If there are other interested parties they will have made their interest known by now.

The club will be very attractive for lots of reasons.

We are still a premiership club.
We have an iconic new ground already well into construction.
There is a large and loyal fanbase and the cub would have an overseas profile that although not huge could easily be expanded.
The cost of buying the club will be relatively low as premiership clubs go given our current state. The big clubs are selling for several billion and investors will be looking at potential capital gain.
A lot of the mess regarding expensive playing staff has now been sorted and it is even possible Andre Gomes may leave today.

Our team is not spectacular, albeit we do seem to have a few gold nuggets in there but as a long term investment we are worth looking at.
I agree with all of that. What's up with these investors? I know there have been protests but that's only because Bill & Mosh between them have done their best to turn a silk purse into a sow's ear. Notwithstanding the new stadium of course. A new investor would start with a clean slate as far as the fanbase goes.

As long as it's not 777

Last edited:
According to the esk the price Moshiri wants is 1.1 billion and that’s why we ain’t selling
Moshiri isn't selling because he wants to but rather because he has to.

I honestly don't believe Esk or any other commentator has access to the finer points of any deal that is being discussed.
I think it is more likely they are looking at what they believe Moshiri has spent and is trying to get some return on the investment.

Lets take off the blue tinted glasses for a minute.

I agree on great fans, heritage, stadium and infra stuff. You could say that about a lot of clubs in the premier league and football leagues below.

The main reason a lot of investors want to get their hands on a football team in England is the gravy train called the premier league and the riches of the tv contracts. It has been a while since we won anything. You asked a child from foreign lands about Everton and chances are they won't list the attractions you mention. It will be the usual suspects that they mention, the Sly 6, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich and a handful of other big european teams (that I can't be asssed to list).
I do think football has gone to [Poor language removed] generally and it can be said about a lot of sports, so at one point I just stopped following sports very passionately and focused only on a world small enough that the absolute nonsense outside it did not matter to me anymore. But I make every endeavour to be informed about them. To me, that world is Everton not football, but Everton.

I think there may be are others like me outside of the UK who think like this. Personally, I don't understand the whole reasoning behind the 'big teams' as some of them have essentially birthed themselves yesterday. We are arguably a very archaic institution, one that has forgotten what it was and also how it got there. We may never win anything for a considerable time yet but I will be satisfied if Everton can just find Everton. These other teams that seem to capture the current mainstream discourse about the game are essentially useful only for children who are squabbling over new toys and that's it, and I feel football has suffered for it. Of course, it does not mean that good football teams do not exist out there.

We are not entirely beyond hope, once again, I know people harp on about Brentford and Brighton today, but I am not very fond of such a style of club management. I understand why they do it, but I do not want such a thing for Everton. I believe that in our team, there has to a be a core that is essentially untouchable. It is not a matter of whether they are profitable assets or not, they are part of the infrastructure necessary for the functioning of Everton Football Club. Find something else to sell and that is why I felt bad when Richarlison was sold in recent years, why I felt bad that Osman or Baines were not given proper treatment by the club, and why I would feel bad if we ever sold Pickford.

In my opinion, the biggest problem that is facing Everton Football Club at the moment is a twist on the philosophical question posed by 'Ship of Theseus'. If we replace all the working components of an entity one by one then (stripped of value too) leaving faulty parts behind, then is the entity (rust heap) left at the end still the same entity?

Relegation is obviously a Very Bad Thing but if a new, competent owner came in, stabilised the cash flow and paid off this R&M loan we could at least be in a position to weather relegation a lot better than if it had happened either of the last two seasons - the wage bill is a lot more under control and will have a significant chunk taken out of it with a large batch of large contracts expiring in the summer. Leicester are probably broadly comparable in terms of wage bill when they got relegated and they seem to have taken it in their stride without a massive crisis unfolding.

Obviously still would be a terrible thing but with better / more stable ownership in place it needn't send us straight off a cliff like it would've done in recent seasons.

Lets take off the blue tinted glasses for a minute.

I agree on great fans, heritage, stadium and infra stuff. You could say that about a lot of clubs in the premier league and football leagues below.

The main reason a lot of investors want to get their hands on a football team in England is the gravy train called the premier league and the riches of the tv contracts. It has been a while since we won anything. You asked a child from foreign lands about Everton and chances are they won't list the attractions you mention. It will be the usual suspects that they mention, the Sly 6, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern Munich and a handful of other big european teams (that I can't be asssed to list).
That is why we can be attractive as an investment.
You are not paying top dollar... very far from that yet a lot of the ingredients are already there for Everton to become a successful club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back