777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Esk and find the podcast and his articles quite interesting, usually. He has been raising the red flag on the clubs finances and governance issues for many years, and he has proven to be absolutely correct in his warnings as to the direction the club was heading.

To me it seems that he sometimes over-reaches in proclaiming opinion as fact, and not clarifying the difference between what he'd like to see happen, as a committed fan, and what might happen.

But allowing for that, his contributions shed light on the situation at the club for me, as a fan not versed in the detail of corporate finance and corporate governance. He has fulfilled an important role in that respect regardless of whether or not the club heed any of what he writes and says, I imagine they do not and will not. But it wouldn't be news to suggest that Moshiri and Kenwright have failed to heed warnings about the club.

Esk has still done a service. But don't take everything as 100% gospel thats all.

I dont get this at all, this insistance that everyone is somehow entitled to know everything that goes on in the club, and that they should somehow bow to the whims of people who choose whether or not to spend their money on them. Yes, the fans are important, to any team, but at the end of the day, its a business and we are customers. This constant demand for "communicashun" is tiresome, and is mostly driven by the likes of Ped and Toffee TV, who have a business that relies on Everton content. Therefore they have an agenda.

Of course they want to know whats happening, because then they talk about it and charge idiots to listen to them stutter their way through live streams or basic pronunciation (Im just glad we didnt sign that "Innyatcho").

How many other businesses come out and tell everyone whats going on in the inner workings of the business, including rivals btw, because there is, as yet, no way of providing "communicashun" to fans without everyone knowing

We might be badly run, but some of these people, driven largely by their own selfish needs and interests, need to understand that we are owed nothing from the club, especially just so these people can then peddle their own smug authority for social media likes and subscriptions.

Dont you have a podcast with him?
most teams tend to communicate with their fans on important issues

3 teams come to mind immediately

man utd - on greenwood
aston villa - on grealish
wolves - on lack of spending

most teams tend to communicate with their fans on important issues

3 teams come to mind immediately

man utd - on greenwood
aston villa - on grealish
wolves - on lack of spending

Find Blackpools recent missive to fans

Just shows you how far and how different football is nowadays.

Who remembers back in the 80's, standing on the terraces, talking to the bloke next to you about balance sheets, profit and loss and leveraged buy outs whilst Sharpey and Gray were banging in the goals.

Answer = No one.
wondering if our new owners were war criminals

Just shows you how far and how different football is nowadays.

Who remembers back in the 80's, standing on the terraces, talking to the bloke next to you about balance sheets, profit and loss and leveraged buy outs whilst Sharpey and Gray were banging in the goals.

Answer = No one.
Yes I wish us fans could talk about football instead of finance but the game has changed dramatically. I recall 50 odd years ago Burnley were owned by Bob Lord who had a small chain of butchers shops and was considered to be a rich benefactor . Now it's billionaires o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back