777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He insisted Usmanov would not sell his Arsenal shares to Kroenke. A few months later...

He insisted, on a Monday this June, that the Chairman would leave the club on the following Wednesday. A few months later...

He's an interesting listen on finances, etc. Beyond that, I find him quite naive and regularly clueless.
I forgot about That little belter. Yes he also said nobody would buy his 30% at Arsenal for no Say in the club

IF you consider that Newcastle was sold for 300m, with a decent stadium and I think very little debt?

Then when you factor in money Moshiri would want, 600m? Our internal debt, 150m? Our external debt, 200m? Then lets say another 3-400m for The Stadium?

Thats a lot of money for a club that then needs potentially another 200m spent on players to just have a squad next Summer.
But what are Newcastle worth now, even after this short time under new ownership.
I would guess it would be multiples of what was paid.

All investors will feel they can do better than the previous incumbents otherwise no one would ever invest.
Newcastle was an even bigger basket case than us but turned it around very quickly.

But what are Newcastle worth now, even after this short time under new ownership.
I would guess it would be multiples of what was paid.

All investors will feel they can do better than the previous incumbents otherwise no one would ever invest.
Newcastle was an even bigger basket case than us but turned it around very quickly.
I dont know whether thats true.

I dont recall newcastle having massive debts.

And even though the price was pretty "low", Ashley had the club for sale for years till somebody bought it.

300m for Everton, with no debts, no half built Stadium would be a very attractive price tho.

1.2billion, is probably a bit much for most.

I forgot about That little belter. Yes he also said nobody would buy his 30% at Arsenal for no Say in the club
I couldn't understand his logic on Usmanov not selling to Kroenke. Sitting there on the shares with no input whatsoever was hardly a tenable position for a man used to power and influence. I mean, perhaps Usmanov wouldn't sell on a point of principle (he hardly needed the money), but it was Esk's absolute conviction that Usmanov selling to Kroenke would never happen that utterly baffled me. At the end of the day, these billionaires are pragmatists as much as egoists when it comes to making a bad situation better money-wise. Him selling to Kroenke was every bit as plausible as him sitting on the shares petulantly. More so, of course, as was proven, but Esk wouldn't countenance it.

The Kenwright departure announcement was preposterously naive though. You'd have to have been asleep for the last 25 years to imagine that cockroach was going any time soon. But again, it wasn't so much the dubious opinion as the definitive way he pontificated on it that grates. It kills his credibility. I quite enjoy his podcast. He seems a nice fella with a genuine love for the club and plenty of insight to offer on the accountancy side, but people really need to learn not to take the majority of his non-financial predictions remotely seriously. He's a blagger when bereft of a balance sheet.

You are paying top dollar, for a club on its arse.

Nobody who has an interest in making money will buy us.
Absolutely agree...there is a saying in the Investment world that cheap is expensive and hence Everton FC are cheap for a reason...we are poorly run, with mediocrity filtering through from the Board to the Manager to the majority of the playing squad. The stadium is saddled with debt which becomes a boulder around your neck if we are relegated...in this case unfortunately history and passionate supporters mean very little...Cheap is as cheap does...

I dont know whether thats true.

I dont recall newcastle having massive debts.

And even though the price was pretty "low", Ashley had the club for sale for years till somebody bought it.

300m for Everton, with no debts, no half built Stadium would be a very attractive price tho.

1.2billion, is probably a bit much for most.
Where are you getting the figure of 1.2 bn ?

Surely you are not relying on Esk for the valuation that is being requested.

Where are you getting the figure of 1.2 bn ?

Surely you are not relying on Esk for the valuation that is being requested.
I am not mate.

Just the matchbox maths I did earlier.
Then when you factor in money Moshiri would want, 600m? Our internal debt, 150m? Our external debt, 200m? Then lets say another 3-400m for The Stadium?
Total nonsense, with no basis in reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back