777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rules "appear" to state Clubs.

But its Wiki, so take it or leave it.

The Premier League has tighter restrictions than the Football League or National League. In general, a businessman will fail the test if:

• They have power or influence over another Football League club[8]
  • They hold a significant interest in another Football League club[8]
  • They become prohibited by law from being a director[8]
  • They are filing for bankruptcy[8]
  • They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency[8]
  • They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency

I crawled around in the Prem's rules a bit. The definitions in the section on the fit-and-proper test require a bit more knowledge of UK statutes than I possess.

The declaration for owners and directors in the handbook requires them to explicitly state that they are not a party to a bankruptcy or administration proceeding, whether that's for the parent company or a subsidiary. By that token, Pasko and Wander should both be out already due to the Bonza filing.

If 777 does file for bankruptcy protection, that would clearly be that under the detailed rules laid out in the fit-and-proper section.

Why have the premier league allowed this to go on for virtually the whole season? Masters saying his team of investigators are so great at their jobs and then inferring to the panel that "i think you know why the takeover hasnt happened." Nudge nudge wink wink. Could it be that the league knowing before the season they were going to take points off us and knowing full well that 777 havent got the money, have dragged this out to apply more pressure on the club its manager,players and supporters and sat back waiting for us to all collapse and get relegated. Nudge nudge wink wink of course.
We can’t blame the PL and Masters for this. The PL are adhering to the written rules. Until 777 meet one of the criteria for disqualification (which they seem to be trying to do on a daily basis) the PL will keep saying you can still own this club but “show us you have money” literally for all eternity. Forever. And ever. Literally forever. If clubs don’t like the rules, they should have forced and voted a change.

The rules are ineffective as we can all see 777 are not suitable owners. But the PL cannot stop anyone becoming owners of a legal entity. They can say if a football club is owned by those who can’t pass a fit and proper test, the legal entity/club can’t be a member of the PL.

Given the rules are as they are, this mess is entirely due to Moshiri and his maniacal choice, 777.

Why have the premier league allowed this to go on for virtually the whole season? Masters saying his team of investigators are so great at their jobs and then inferring to the panel that "i think you know why the takeover hasnt happened." Nudge nudge wink wink. Could it be that the league knowing before the season they were going to take points off us and knowing full well that 777 havent got the money, have dragged this out to apply more pressure on the club its manager,players and supporters and sat back waiting for us to all collapse and get relegated. Nudge nudge wink wink of course.
No

It is all very well saying `Mosiri has extended 2 weeks as per the original agreement`...

But where does that leave us? In limbo and while this agreement is still in place nothing else is happening.

Do I think this is damaging? Yes, massively....

By time this agreement runs out we will be just 2 weeks away from the window opening on June 14th, we are going in to a summer where the club have no idea what our budgets are, I don`t think we`ve even got a pre season planned yet.

If new owners take 12 weeks to clear the PL test the window could be shut without the new owners in situ and a squad which is only fit to finish bottom of the league.

We are in big trouble....
Do you really think any of this or our situation plays on Moshiri's mind one bit, he just want's rid of us as quickly as poss to the filthiest scum,
but not in a way that could benefit us. the bloke has it in for us and 777 are the perfect answer to making us pay. ( Definitely Bullied as a kid, but since getting into business with 'Usmanov' he's got it in his head that he's some kind of mafia kingpin !!

It has to be 777 in his eyes, he can't do the right thing and sell to an honest company and help the club out, he'll lose any pride, he still believes he carries...

The rules are ineffective as we can all see 777 are not suitable owners. But the PL cannot stop anyone becoming owners of a legal entity. They can say if a football club is owned by those who can’t pass a fit and proper test, the legal entity/club can’t be a member of the PL.
In principle, the Prem should be able to deny a prospective owner the right to purchase under the rules. Once the ownership transaction happens, the Prem cannot force them to divest. As you say, the only recourse under the rules is for the Premier League to suspend the club.

What's happening is the Prem's leadership has no interest in testing its ability to deny an ownership transaction in a UK court. It would be expensive to litigate, they might lose, any damages would be substantial and in some way they would have to be levied against the other nineteen clubs. That would result in Masters and his lot getting the sack.

So, instead they throw up barriers and wait for 777 to go away of their own accord. They know it will happen sooner or later, because 777 lent us 200 million they didn't have. 777 needs to cure the problem by selling part/all of the stadium, so all Masters has to do is play for time and wait for cashflow to do the rest.

If masters lips are moving then he’s lying.

I don’t believe a word he says in relation to a single thing, especially Everton, and rules be damned, the PL & Dicky should have stepped in and launched these 777 cowboys a long time ago, and held moshiri properly accountable months ago also.

For this entire takeover charade to have dragged on practically the entire season is a disgrace.

I’m amazed the crook is still in a job after the absolute omnishambles he’s made of this season, an unmitigated disaster which has totally damaged the PL brand.

That Leadenhall lot seem even more naive than Mosh!
It’s really not that difficult to validate collateral against which you want to lend hundreds of millions of pounds, nor is it a highly guarded secret when a company has liens or who has priority over debts.
Sounds like Wander well and truly pulled their pants down (bit like they seem to be doing to Everton / Mosh)

We can’t blame the PL and Masters for this. The PL are adhering to the written rules. Until 777 meet one of the criteria for disqualification (which they seem to be trying to do on a daily basis) the PL will keep saying you can still own this club but “show us you have money” literally for all eternity. Forever. And ever. Literally forever. If clubs don’t like the rules, they should have forced and voted a change.

Given the rules are as they are, this mess is entirely due to Moshiri and his maniacal choice, 777.

I believe the fit and proper test is a waste of time if they can’t ultimately sell non suitable owners to sod off.

That Leadenhall lot seem even more naive than Mosh!
It’s really not that difficult to validate collateral against which you want to lend hundreds of millions of pounds, nor is it a highly guarded secret when a company has liens or who has priority over debts.
Sounds like Wander well and truly pulled their pants down (bit like they seem to be doing to Everton / Mosh)
It's harder than you might think in the U.S., because the note (loan terms) is never a matter of public record. If the collateral is a building, car or other titled object that moves like a plane, sure, that's easy to verify. States keep records on that stuff.

It gets a little dodgy on most anything else. If you put up a $40 million artwork on loan A, I can't see that the way I could if a company in the UK did it. All I have to go on is your word and whatever my friends in the business will quietly, unsourced, cough up.

People don't much double pledge collateral because it's fraud that's easy to prove and results in a jail term, but it does happen. I inherited a problem where someone rooked my predecessor into putting an entire mortgage on a house the guy didn't own, one time.

I believe the fit and proper test is a waste of time if they can’t ultimately sell non suitable owners to sod off.

Yep, the fact that it's as clear as day that they're not fit and proper, yet after 9 months they're still offering 777 hoops to jump through in order to aquire Everton, I think that shows the level of incompetence from how the PL regulate these matters.

Yep, the fact that it's as clear as day that they're not fit and proper, yet after 9 months they're still offering 777 hoops to jump through in order to aquire Everton, I think that shows the level of incompetence from how the PL regulate these matters.
The best part is that they'll probably hide behind, "Well, we're not a regulator," as if the government might give the fox the power to regulate the chicken coop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back