777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
….might be a daft question, but how does ‘administration suit a new owner’ when it incurs an automatic points penalty next season (possibly in addition to FFP deduction)? I’d have thought it imperative for any new owner to maintain top flight status going into BMD.

It essentially wipes out the debts mate, on paper its about a billion, though Moshiri is never seeing his share holder loans or a return on his investment. The administrator will sell assets to give the creditors pennies on the pound and try and sell the club separately and make it a going concern. Its a reboot for a new owner, a PL club with no debt. Even a championship club with the earning potential of Everton is attractive with no debt. So an Everton without a billion of debt is massively attractive, to investors as opposed to Everton with it - especially if they cant negotiate that debt down now with R&M, MSP and 777.

Its an automatic 9 point deduction, loss of assets - players etc, but a new owner might decide to take on as opposed to a billion of debt. Relegation for one season, is the loss of about 80 mill, thats cheaper then paying back 700 mill - 1 billion. And a new owner backs themselves to recover the asset.

On a community level its horrific as not only the debtors will be stiffed, local suppliers around the City and Merseyside will be, which will put local businesses at risk while many at the club livelihoods will be put at risk.

Not advocating administration in anyway - just my read of the dynamic at play post 777.

Last edited:
It essentially wipes out the debt on paper its about a billion, though Moshiri is never seeing his share holder loans. The administrator will sell assets to give the debtors pennies on the pound and try and sell the club separately and make it a going concern. Its a reboot for a new owner, a PL club with no debt. Even a championship club with the earning potential of Everton is attractive. So an Everton without a billion of debt is massively attractive, to investors as opposed to Everton with it - especially if they cant negotiate that debt down now with R&M, MSP and 777.

Its an automatic 9 point deduction, loss of assets - players etc, but a new owner might decide to take on as opposed to a billion of debt. Relegation for one season, is the loss of about 80 mill, thats cheaper then paying back 700 mill - 1 billion. And a new owner back themselves to recover the asset.

On a community level its horrific as not only the debtors will be stiffed, local suppliers around the City and Mersey side will be, which will put local businesses at risk while many at the club livelihoods will be put at risk.

Not advocating administration in anyway - just my read of the dynamic at play post 777.
@Eggs -that's what I meant to say ^

Fair play to @GrandOldTeam , they knew . I don’t trust the majority of our fan media whatsoever.

View attachment 259060

The likes of view from the Bullens ,toffee tv even the blue room (never ever criticised the board ) go whichever way the way wind blows if it suits them they don’t care what impact it has on the club, disingenuous to a man, give me people like the esk who’ve called it right on these cowboys and received nothing but dogs abuse since day 1

Last edited:

….might be a daft question, but how does ‘administration suit a new owner’ when it incurs an automatic points penalty next season (possibly in addition to FFP deduction)? I’d have thought it imperative for any new owner to maintain top flight status going into BMD.

Even if relegated you get an EPL club for peanuts, the real key would be if the stadium is included or seen as a separate asset.

Always remember Barclays pulling the plug on Southampton, they got pennies, the new owner got a free stadium.

Yes, spot on that mate. We just need to show any buyer that it wont be possible to snap us up in administration, and that depends on being able to keep the club going.

The club has a lot of issues, but it also has a great future. Interested parties will see that.

Its a complicated situation mate, there are so many different stakeholders and an agreement is going to be complex, the debtors need to budge, the new owner needs to give and Moshiri needs to suck it all up.

The card Moshiri has to play i suppose is he can restructure the debt if he gets to the opening of BMD, but how much more deeply does he want to go and how much more deeply do we want him to go, he's damaging the club more and more month on month.

The heat needs to move to him now, get him out and stop him damaging the club.

* Sky Sports Breaking News *

North West business man behind mystery consortium revealed!!
1000020615.webp

Off the top of my head, and maybe wrong, but I'd assume they'd be getting a Premier League club at a Championship club's price. Or something like that? Essentially any owner buying us after administration must accept we're relegated that season and factor this into their planning.

That means they'll need to put more funds in after taking over to get back to standard, having seen all out assets stripped for peanuts.

It also wouldn't be likely that someone gets the club for a lowball £1 which might happen when the club is on the verge of liquidation. If several buyers are in then they may be paying 150-250 million for something that's had 250m taken out of it. So it might not be the golden ticket for someone interested in running a semi successful club. For someone looking to make a quick return, perhaps. Let's hope the formers snap up the club before we get to the latter group of potential owners.

It essentially wipes out the debts mate, on paper its about a billion, though Moshiri is never seeing his share holder loans or a return on his investment. The administrator will sell assets to give the creditors pennies on the pound and try and sell the club separately and make it a going concern. Its a reboot for a new owner, a PL club with no debt. Even a championship club with the earning potential of Everton is attractive with no debt. So an Everton without a billion of debt is massively attractive, to investors as opposed to Everton with it - especially if they cant negotiate that debt down now with R&M, MSP and 777.

Its an automatic 9 point deduction, loss of assets - players etc, but a new owner might decide to take on as opposed to a billion of debt. Relegation for one season, is the loss of about 80 mill, thats cheaper then paying back 700 mill - 1 billion. And a new owner backs themselves to recover the asset.

On a community level its horrific as not only the debtors will be stiffed, local suppliers around the City and Merseyside will be, which will put local businesses at risk while many at the club livelihoods will be put at risk.

If we go into administration we’d likely lose Branthwaite, DCL, Onana and Pickford for peanuts and almost certainly get relegated anyway.

We should be trying to keep everyone bar Onana and fight to stay up

The likes of view from the Bullens ,toffee tv even the blue room (never ever criticised the board ) go whichever way the way wind blows if it suits them they don’t care what impact it has on the club, disingenuous to a man, give me people like the esk who’ve called it right on these cowboys and received nothing but dogs abuse since day 1
He said they were taking over, he also said MSP were taking over. He hasn't been right along.

1000091464.webp

Sooner be told the hard truth about the state of the club than have my head buried in the sand , imagine going after the guy who’s telling you your house is on fire rather than the bloke who caused it

You have to temper that with you might be able to take that news, however the club's employees and suppliers might not. Let's hope we are not in that sort of critical situation (the club have said not) but if we were by giving full disclosure when you don't have to, may actually lead to speeding up the demise.

We need time to pick the right owners.

Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back