777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul’s doubling down and taking on a strong position:

Why would Moshiri sell to someone who he doesn't believe has the funds to pay him?

Why would 777 be happy for this deal to made public if they do not have the funds to complete the transaction?

It's perfectly plausible that 777 also have other investors on board as well, so that they do have the funds.

I also don't understand the idea I've seen that the government will block this. Why would the UK government want to stop Moshiri selling the club?

I don't understand Paul's take on this. It would look ridiculous for all parties if this fell through due to the funding not being there.

Nah mate. We're well past that point now. The two morons running us now will kill Everton if they aren't forced out. 777 is defo the lesser of two evils. Its like being on a plane thats plummeting toward earth and getting offered a parachute by a widely known spiv. You know he's dodgy as hell, and there's a very good chance that the parachute might not open at all but its a choice between taking a chance that will lead to either a surprisingly positive outcome (or at least a quick end) or just accepting death.
Be interesting to see if they are the lesser of two evils in two years time. Moshiri was at least prepared to dig deep into his pockets. We should at least give him credit for that even though the vast majority of that money was wasted. Sure, his decision making was pretty awful and keeping bungling Bill around his biggest fault but sometimes the devil you know is a better option than the new plaything. Didn't want Moshiri in charge of the cub any longer than anyone else here but his final poor decision making act could well prove to be a fatal one in letting these guys take the steering wheel.

The start of another new adventure for Everton FC as we head off into unknown waters.

My initial thoughts are that
The deal is structured so that there is one price if there are sanctions and another price if there are none but I do believe this is the strongest indication yet there will be no sanctions worthwhile at all.

I understand that there are objections to the new owners but those objections are not in the same league as those for the Newcastle takeover and that still went through.
A dislike of a new owner will not prevent the deal going through, the objections will need to carry a lot more weight than a mere dislike.

I can't imagine either party going ahead with such a deal unless finances are in place to bring the sale to conclusion.

I wonder where the backing for 777 is coming from, I cannot help but feel that we have maybe not completely finished with Usmanov but of course that is something that will be buried deep and nothing will be known until the Russian/Ukraine war is resolved. It is hard to understand how an organisation like 777 can find access to such an enormous amount of money.

Finally , on a more positive note, I hope. The development of the Everton brand has been disastrous for many decades. Maybe these new owners can increase our non football income as that side of the clubs income has been sadly under exploited but time will tell with that as well.

Overall, I haven't a clue if in the long term this is good or bad for our club, but I do know they seemed to be the only game in town.
Usmanov will never be anywhere near Everton ever again .
He won't be anywhere near the UK either.

War or not , as an associate of Putin his days with anything to do with this country are long gone.

Number 7 is my lucky number, so to have a company with 3 number 7s in their business name is a great sign thats pointing all the way to Premier League and Champions League success.

I'm so confident of our pending upturn in fortunes and in honour of our American saviours I've changed my name to Chad.

So from now on, you can call me chaddavennie

Why would Moshiri sell to someone who he doesn't believe has the funds to pay him?

Why would 777 be happy for this deal to made public if they do not have the funds to complete the transaction?

It's perfectly plausible that 777 also have other investors on board as well, so that they do have the funds.

I also don't understand the idea I've seen that the government will block this. Why would the UK government want to stop Moshiri selling the club?

I don't understand Paul's take on this. It would look ridiculous for all parties if this fell through due to the funding not being there.

Todd Bohely didn't take over Chelsea on his own, they've got a consortium and banks investing under one umbrella.

Wouldn't be surprised this being the same.

Be interesting to see if they are the lesser of two evils in two years time. Moshiri was at least prepared to dig deep into his pockets. We should at least give him credit for that even though the vast majority of that money was wasted. Sure, his decision making was pretty awful and keeping bungling Bill around his biggest fault but sometimes the devil you know is a better option than the new plaything. Didn't want Moshiri in charge of the cub any longer than anyone else here but his final poor decision making act could well prove to be a fatal one in letting these guys take the steering wheel.
Think Mosh has left us in even bigger financial trouble than Bill did - at least he go the new stadium started however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back