777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul’s doubling down and taking on a strong position:

They'll be borrowing from a variety of places. I think some of the big banks such as JP Morgan will have an interest in loaning them money for example... especially on the back of the stadium.

How much they leverage on to the club will be the kicker.

….his arrest mug shot looks better;

IMG_6644.webp

He made 2 points.
Both have yet to be proved wrong.

We don't know if they have the longterm wherewithal
We don't know if the PL will give it the nod
He stated 2 days ago that nothing was imminent with 777 so it’s fairly obvious that was wrong and my suggestion was that he should probably keep his head down for a bit

Some interesting stuff there and through the obvious initial concerns about 777 there are obvious advantages to multiclub models in data and scouting. More and more English clubs are getting South American talent through the door at young ages, and we've been left behind in that regard. A hookup with Vasco da Gama would help massively in that regard.

I also think they are slightly more serious about things like modern infrastructure than some believe.

Yeah I had a read of that and have to say that if you were reading that but with a more reputable firm saying the same stuff it sounds like a reasonable setup by someone that knows what they're doing.

I've no idea what their intentions are and what their background is other than what I see floating around on here, based on that instincts say we shouldn't have them anywhere near the club, but you can't help but read that and think it might not be so bad. I think that comes mainly from desperation to see the back of Kenwright and Moshiri, we're at the bottom of the barrel already so what else is there? Liquidation? That's better than watching the club slowly die on its arse under the current regime anyway.

Some interesting stuff there and through the obvious initial concerns about 777 there are obvious advantages to multiclub models in data and scouting. More and more English clubs are getting South American talent through the door at young ages, and we've been left behind in that regard. A hookup with Vasco da Gama would help massively in that regard.

I also think they are slightly more serious about things like modern infrastructure than some believe.
More links to other clubs will have is talent and could help us improve with the scouting side to get players in early at a younger age . Let them develop as you say in brazil then move over when more progressed

Yeah
I appreciate you may be right,
For me personally it’s a step too far .
Getting scammed is one thing.
But when a person shakes your hand and tells you , while flashing that shark like artificial American smile , “hi , I’m about to scam you. Have a nice day sir !”, I take it as my cue to leave .

It sucks. I've worked on deals, while I am no expert, I understand the process and try to bring some of the business aspects to the conversation.

But I wish I could just watch football.

That is not the way things work now and it sucks, but needs to be accepted or we will fall behind even further.

This.
"Fook off Kenwrong, get some billionaire in."
Three quarters of a billion quid, half a dozen sh1t, managers, one Carlo Ancelotti, and 2 relegation battles later...
"Fook off Mosh, sell up and get out of our club"
One year later....
"DON'T SELL IT TO THEM YANKS FFS"

I don’t understand the thought process here. Like it’s farcical to not accept anyone and anybody, that fans should not have reservations or doubt and be subservient to what’s actually transpired regardless. Makes no sense.

People do this with signings too, like we have to accept anyone just because they play in a position that needed strengthening. Again, makes zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back