777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If even a scrap of all this is true, I’ll take it as good news. Sensible, successful people that will already be knee deep in the clubs financial information and more importantly future forecasts still willing to explore further investment. Creditors of that magnitude will be receiving headline monthly data. We aren’t the dead horse some would have us believe. These people are way past the tyre kicking stage. And the spectre of being bought out of administration seems to have faded.

Now get on with it. Even a deal in principle with people guaranteed to pass PL ownership tests will make operating in the transfer market (or negotiating contract extensions) much much easier.

This Toffee Ventures thing isn’t going to be Kenwright part 2 is it?

Given the football landscape are these gentleman the kind of people who will have what it takes and have the capital to make the club compete at the top ?

I don’t want another situation where excuses are made because they are Everton fans and they are not as bad as Moshiri. Basically another “punching above our weight” culture . I don’t think I could handle anymore of that.

It depends greatly what your take is on the Kenwright analogy here.

Bell and Downing, even combined, don't have the personal wealth required to bankroll a Premier League football club (at least not for very long). They have both founded and run very successful businesses, so the hope if they take over would be that they are able to write off some debt (at the very least the existing shareholder debt), whilst being able to restructure our other debts to make them manageable. They would then need to finance the remaining stadium costs and then, crucially, be savvy enough to appoint the right people to enable the club to maximise all of the revenue streams available to it. Furthermore, they'd need to appoint highly qualified football people to run the footballing side of the operation rather than sticking their oar in like Kenwright and Moshiri did.

Them not being able to personally bankroll spending is not, in itself, the biggest problem in the world. Kenwright's lack of deep pockets wasn't the main issue of his tenure, it was his belief that he, and only he, knew what was best for Everton (the King's Dock debacle should be enough to demonstrate that this was absolutely not the case).

Moshiri was, until the Russian situation, your typical sugar daddy investor (or at least Usmanov in the background was). There aren't lots of types like this knocking about and in the absence of a gulf state wanting to buy the club, the best we can hope for is that we are run like a proper business and can grow organically. I'm completely unfamiliar with Downing's body of work, but Andy Bell is an impressive guy who's built a great company and is an impressive businessman. Whether that translates to being able to run or at least successfully own a football club is another matter entirely, but then the same would be true of any of the groups or individuals linked to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back