Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i right in saying they have minority stakes in the most of the clubs they are involved in? What sort of power do they have in those clubs? Where they the ones that put the entire Seville Squad up for sale or asked for fans to fund another teams training ground?

It's weird though, I don't know what he thinks he knows but couldn't have evidence they don't have the funding because that would be proving a negative. How could he possibly rule out them having funding he just doesn't know about? Or is he so arrogant he thinks he knows everything all the time?

I go back to Bobble saying that the club and Deloitte who are arranging the deal have seen proof of their funding, to buy and run the club. And Bobble might not be an accounting whizz like Esk but he has solid sources at the club.
That negative can be proven. If you walk into the Ferrari dealership, or go to buy a house, either you have the down payment to finance the balance or you don't.

I would tend to believe Deloitte over a third party when it comes to answering that question, but Arthur Andersen did sign off on Enron's accounts.

It's weird though, I don't know what he thinks he knows but couldn't have evidence they don't have the funding because that would be proving a negative. How could he possibly rule out them having funding he just doesn't know about? Or is he so arrogant he thinks he knows everything all the time?

I go back to Bobble saying that the club and Deloitte who are arranging the deal have seen proof of their funding, to buy and run the club. And Bobble might not be an accounting whizz like Esk but he has solid sources at the club.

Im only guessing to be honest mate, but knowing him from here years back - id say he has some piece of evidence informing this take as its particularly strong and against the popular narrative in the media - thats just my read and am speculating. I dont think hed be making up for exposure and the like.

I also trust Moshiri not a lot - he was telling us we weren't for sale in January and then he told us Today hes been trying to deal with this crowd for beards.

Am i right in saying they have minority stakes in the most of the clubs they are involved in? What sort of power do they have in those clubs? Where they the ones that put the entire Seville Squad up for sale or asked for fans to fund another teams training ground?
From what I understand its a bit of a mixed bag, but mostly minority stakes and in some cases the rot had already set in for some of those clubs. Its also fair to say there is no evidence of having them involved has been positive for any of those clubs.

Standard finished 6th last season, they’re only 5/6 games into this season

Sevilla have won 2 Europa Leagues since the very small percentage 777 bought, they’re only 3 games in

Vasco came up from Brazil’s Serie B under them last season, have 1/2 games in hand on teams above them and 17 games/51 points to play for

The Brazilian league format is very very weird too

Presumably that would be a prerequisite to even enter a period of exclusivity

No way, they will have to have a co investor - there's no way they complete without an influx or backing from someone.

….surely not;

IMG_6645.webp

Standard Liege, Sevilla, and Vasco da Gama, football clubs owned by 777 Partners, are all in relegation battles this year.
As @Pabbers has stated multiple times already though - a bit (a lot) of context is needed.

These lot don't come in anywhere and start big squad upheavals from the off - they come in, look to improve the commercial & infrastrucre side of the club, then look to sell on for a profit. That's literally their whole modus operandi.

The best thing they can possibly do (if we're lucky) is install a new Chairman & CEO who are both business savvy and actually know the sport who can hopefully stabilise the on-the-pitch side of things in the medium term at least.

It's the above, plus the origin of the funds to begin with, that are my main concerns with them really. Once they have their feet fully in the door I'll very much be in a 'wait and see' mode to see what their opening gambit looks like. The club was going nowhere but down under Moshiri anyway.

They fully own Standard, Red Star and Genoa, they have next to no say in Sevilla as they only own a small percentage, same with Melbourne Victory while they have under 65 and 70% respectively stakes in Hertha and Vasco

I think everyone needs to look at this as a new start. Moshiri’s reign is over and it’s what most people wanted. Maybe 777 will hire some actual football people and lead us onto better things. Let’s be honest, better things this season is finishing 16th not 17th, so it shouldn’t be that hard. Let’s not forget, we aren’t Barcelona, we are a struggling on field club. This might give everyone the kick they need to perform, including Dyche who will now know he has to start winning games otherwise the new owners might give him the bullet to protect their investment by staying in the league.

I’m not saying I’m exactly for 777, but I couldn’t care less who owns Everton, all I want to see is 11 players on the pitch fighting to win games. If that was happening then nobody would be too bothered about what goes on in the background anyway.

It sucks. I've worked on deals, while I am no expert, I understand the process and try to bring some of the business aspects to the conversation.

But I wish I could just watch football.

That is not the way things work now and it sucks, but needs to be accepted or we will fall behind even further.
Yeah
I understand your point .
But personally, it’s a step too far ,sadly .
I do hope , though , for those who stay loyal to the club that they are rewarded with a better future.

Let's hope this isnt the case. Glazers and FSG defintiely want this because it will make them a fortune, and Ciyt / Newcastle will get their state owners to pay massively over the odds for rights in those countries and probably figure out some way to funnel more money through other markets. The bottom half of the Prem will lose out massively. The TV rights current distribution is the only thing keeping the also-rans in anything like touhing distance of the top clubs.
LFC and Manu get a disproportionate amount of TV money now. Of course they'll get more in an individual TV deal. But if they want to show them at Goodison or Bramley Moore then we can charge anything we want, say £200 million as we have the rights to host the cameras.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back