Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how these clowns think they are going to show their faces at the stadium. We got to the point where the board was either in hiding or resigned.

These jokers better not be expecting some kind of heroes welcome.
Really? All they have to do is announce they are punting Kenwright into the Mersey and finish off by declaring all kopites are gobshites and they will be carried through the streets on the shoulders of the Mob!

This is getting comical

Screenshot 2023-09-15 133404.webp

It is certainly heading that way but I don't see it as a deal breaker. For English football fans, the thought of Americans running our game from a distance is beyond our scope and we will rally against it, but reality is that this is where the money is to be found. The American audience is growing and growing. Compare a nation with over 300 million residents to one with approx 60 million and it is obvious where the growth opportunity is.

Then you look at other countries and the growth potential there as well. China, for example, and it is no wonder that there is investment in the leading league, for now, in the world. Television is the vehicle for taking the product to the consumer and American ownership of our teams will enable them to control and dictate the money flow.

We, the fans, just have to suck it up. We are utterly powerless to stop it. Our only option is to refuse to buy in and that means not doing the thing we love the most, watch our team. If there is a deal breaker, it is when fans of football in England give up on their team completely... and as we know, that rarely happens.

I've no issues with American owners flooding in. End of the day, majority of the world's wealth resides there and billionaires can't just have billions sitting in the bank so need to funnel is somewhere.

There's just an air of an idea they think there's even MORE money to make if things were tweaked by the premier league to suit more American sports structures.

Issue is...the premier league and FA also have a stake in the game and it's their say so. So while the TV money keeps increasing every year, they won't see a need to let club's devalue their product.

Club's play in the league they own. Not the other way around.

I don’t understand the thought process here. Like it’s farcical to not accept anyone and anybody, that fans should not have reservations or doubt and be subservient to what’s actually transpired regardless. Makes no sense.

People do this with signings too, like we have to accept anyone just because they play in a position that needed strengthening. Again, makes zero sense.
Unfortunately the club aren't in a position to be choosy anymore. Further, a large section of the support won't be happy, no matter who we get.

That negative can be proven. If you walk into the Ferrari dealership, or go to buy a house, either you have the down payment to finance the balance or you don't.

I would tend to believe Deloitte over a third party when it comes to answering that question, but Arthur Andersen did sign off on Enron's accounts.
Oh sure, the negative can be proven by those who have full access to the financial information, and in this case that looks to be Everton / Moshiri, Deloitte, and 777 themselves, and those parties all believe 777 have the money. But an outsider like Paul... he may believe they don't have the money, he may have heard they were struggling to get the money but how can he *know* they don't have the money?

I've no issues with American owners flooding in. End of the day, majority of the world's wealth resides there and billionaires can't just have billions sitting in the bank so need to funnel is somewhere.

There's just an air of an idea they think there's even MORE money to make if things were tweaked by the premier league to suit more American sports structures.

Issue is...the premier league and FA also have a stake in the game and it's their say so. So while the TV money keeps increasing every year, they won't see a need to let club's devalue their product.

Club's play in the league they own. Not the other way around.

Another angle is mate, this Crowd are after taking a stake in the ECA, essentially the protagonists in the ESL.

All the finance and corporate governance experts in the presser comments section I see. Potentially not ideal, but chucking the towel in seems premature. Hopefully.

Am i right in saying they have minority stakes in the most of the clubs they are involved in? What sort of power do they have in those clubs? Where they the ones that put the entire Seville Squad up for sale or asked for fans to fund another teams training ground?

They own 7% of Sevilla. So they won't have much of a say I think.

As for the academy training ground for Genoa... no idea.

Now we have (potentially have) yank owners, thats me turning up Sunday with cowboy boots, a 10 Gallon hat and one of them big foam hands with the pointy index finger shouting yee haw and "in the goal" at every shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back