Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Under Moyes, I suspect most of us were happy. The billionaire many wanted hired several [Poor language removed] managers and signed £700m worth of [Poor language removed], and left us worse off than before.

I think it's important to stress that our current predicament would have came to fruition if Kenwright had stayed on as the owner and Moshiri had never happened. We were just lucky that Moyes did a very good job of shielding us from the mess for those 10 years.

The approval of creditors is the biggest obstacle.

I don't think the fit and proper is an obstacle at all.
Listening to the latest Bobble podcast the R&M situation is seen as being "not an issue" for the deal going through. I don't know where that confidence comes from, perhaps 777 intend to repay the loan.

Not familiar with Miami’s culture?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think it's important to stress that our current predicament would have came to fruition if Kenwright had stayed on as the owner and Moshiri had never happened. We were just lucky that Moyes did a very good job of shielding us from the mess for those 10 years.
I understand it doesn’t fit with the “bash Kenwright” narrative, but the incompetence and leadership void didn’t exist until Moshiri/Usmanov took over.

Saying it’s all Moyes’s doing just isn’t true. Someone had to put the man in that position, believe that he would succeed and stay the course. Something obviously lacking with Moshiri/Usmanov.

Kenwright’s biggest flaw is he had no cash, couldn’t take us any further, could barely keep us where we were.

Well let's see. I mean frankly who would want to own a PL football club anyway? Owners are either wealth funds trying to sportwash themselves (Newcastle, Man City), dodgy vehicles for money laundering (Moshiri/Usmanov, that guy at Forest) or American's looking to make money out of the thing (us, now, along with Man United, Arsenal etc.). Or a mixture. I'm probably happier with cut-throat capitalists than the alternative.

Not sure why you think people wouldn't admit it? Because some fellas on the internet might say some bad things?I was fairly happy under Moyes.. we got our billionaire and now it's gone to sh1t.

We got the wrong one as it turned out, his biggest mistake was not clearing out the boardroom and getting professionals in. Early days but it seems to be going okay for Newcastle, not sure it would if they would have kept Mike Ashley as Chairman.

I understand it doesn’t fit with the “bash Kenwright” narrative, but the incompetence and leadership void didn’t exist until Moshiri/Usmanov took over.

Saying it’s all Moyes’s doing just isn’t true. Someone had to put the man in that position, believe that he would succeed and stay the course. Something obviously lacking with Moshiri/Usmanov.

Kenwright’s biggest flaw is he had no cash, couldn’t take us any further, could barely keep us where we were.
nah mate we were a mess off the field under kenwright too

Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back